Tuesday, September 6, 2016

The Seasons Of Alex


Song:  Reflections Of My Life

Group:  The Marmalade







The above is a link to a new blog I am putting together
(you may also click on the link to the upper right of this blog...
under 'My Other Blogs').

It is a chronological photo gallery of Alex by month...
and later, by year, of Alex as he was growing up.

It is in reverse chronological order...
the first article of which starts shortly after Alex was born.

As it stands now...
the photo gallery is up to 17 months old.

My wife is putting together a photo blog of Alex in Japanese.

She is presently taking digital photos of our old film camera photos 
so they may be uploaded to her blog...
and I am then copying her digitized photos and creating my own blog called...

(clickable link to the photo blog of Alex)



This photo gallery may help researchers into Autistic Spectrum Disorders 
as it shows Alex when he was highly reactive when he was very young...
and then how he later avoided eye contact and exhibited signs 
of ASD when he started lining up objects obsessively...
 and demonstrated other compulsive actions.

The photo gallery will then show Alex just before...
during...and after his 40 hour a week, years long, in house ABA therapy...
and how it had made a tremendous difference in our lives.


This photo blog will also demonstrate the amount of educational materials 
and toys we had, to constantly intellectually stimulate Alex's mind.

His mother has also always been a stay at home full time mother to Alex...
and it was this that made all the difference in the world to him as he grew up.

As the ABA therapists worked with him 8 hours a day in the upstairs classroom...
we video taped everything and also watched live through a color video / audio set up.

This allowed us to continue with their methods of teaching Alex when they left.

This continuity of training allowed Alex to prosper and grow.


The greatest factor to Alex's progress was his mother.

His mother constantly played with him...
and read to him throughout the day...
and every night.

Not once did we have a babysitter.
We did everything with Alex...
or we didn't do it at all.

Alex was always surrounded with books...
and my wife constantly bought new ones.

Alex loved reading...
and he always had a well stocked personal library.

Even before pre-school...
Alex's favorite place to go was to Border's bookstore.

He always got to pick out new books.


His mother also home schooled him...
and in his later years after I retired (2011)...
I had also guided him in his studies.


I will be constantly updating The Seasons Of Alex

I will also be explaining some of the photos...
as the timing of certain attributes may be of some interest
for those in the field of ASD.



Now...
you will notice in the photo blog that I am the only one with Alex.

My wife is never shown in the photos.

My wife never wants her picture on the web...
and so, I am the only one in the pictures with Alex...
other than other relatives or the ABA therapists.


What I don't want you to think...is that I am insufferably vain.

Don't get me wrong...
I am.

 I just don't want you to think it  :)








2 comments:

  1. What a wonderful project! As Alex is growing up so quickly, and it won't be all that long before he is off on his own, it is especially nice to look back and see how far he has come. He was very adorable at 17 months!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Every time I see these older photos...I go and give Alex a big hug. Alex still has his pure heart. He is the same pure hearted child as when I had held him in my lap. I also always want to be able to just peruse the photos of yesterday to enhance the flavor of today.

    ReplyDelete

Please feel free to comment on this article.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...