Thursday, January 21, 2016

Alex Goes To Japan 2016 VI - In Search Of A Daruma Sunset



Song:  A Beautiful Storm

Artist:  Jennifer Thomas




This is a brochure for the Two Island Park area.

The picture shows a Daruma Sunset.

There are certain times of the year which has the highest probability 
of seeing the setting sun lying on the ocean which then reflects and refracts the light 
to give the sun the shape of a Daruma doll.






We first stopped in at a hotel where we would eat later in the evening...
after we saw the sunset at ocean level.

This hotel is just a short ways from my parents-in-laws' home.


We first went out to the observation area at the hotel to capture some above the ocean shots.

The twin islands may be reached on foot at the lowest tides.



We then departed for the Two Island Park just below.

(My wife's photo)

(My wife's photo)























(My wife's photo)

 (My wife's photo)








In the end...
we would not capture a Daruma Sunset...
as the clouds aabove the ocean had occluded the sun before it could reach the sea.

However...
I was in no way disappointed.

What a spectacular sunset I had witnessed.


However...
these gentlemen probably were.

They had brought in some high end photography equipment to capture a Daruma sunset.

There were also some other groups of photographers in other areas...
hoping to capture the same thing.


Still...
I bet they were not too disappointed.

One simply could not be after such a sunset...
no matter their original goal.


I captured one last parting shot before we...
once again, headed to the hotel...
only this time...
we would enjoy the views while eating a delicious meal.

(My wife's photo)

Back at the hotel...
we first went out to an observation platform just in front of the restaurant.


The restaurant where we were to enjoy a very good meal.


We sat down to a grand view...
and a grand meal.


As you can see...
my meal is the one with the thinly sliced beef on the plate.

There is an alcohol burner underneath the raised plate.

I would cook my meat and vegetables on it...
for a very delicious...and hot...meal.




Alex's meal.


Now these are shrimp!

My mother-in-law loves shrimp...
as do Alex and I.




After our meal at this hotel...
we drove back to my in-laws' home.


What a great time we had.


If you had any doubts as to why living in the countryside 
is far superior to living in any city...
it is the magnificent views that abound in the countryside...
the fresh air and water...
the sense of great freedom...
and the friendliness of the country folk.

With the great simple pleasures of life in great abundance in the countryside...
and all of which are free...
this is why I am country at heart.

I have never felt at home in any big city.

I am only truly happy in the great openness of countryside.


I realize that most jobs are in the city...
but if you cannot work in the countryside...
strive to eventually retire in the countryside. 



On the next day...
Alex visited my wife's brother's family while we went shopping at a local market.

I took photos of her brother's beauty shop.





No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to comment on this article.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...