Saturday, December 19, 2015

Alex's Mathematically Themed Winter Solstice Posters


Song:  Comfortably Numb

Group:  Pink Floyd




This year...
as I had said we would do...
Alex made mathematically themed...fluorescent painted...
Winter Solstice posters...
which we will display on the front portion of the house
while lit up by black light...
and with the music of Pink Floyd playing in the background.


This is a four step process
(we will be completing the final hanging after the coming snow storm subsides).

On the first night...
Alex, his mother, and I...
had picked out some clever mathematical Christmas formulas off the Internet
(I made up one)...
and we drew them onto papers.


On the second night...
Alex wrote all of the formulas and wording in pencil onto the black poster papers.




This is the one I had come up with...
although...I would think that it had already been thought up by someone else.


Last night...
Alex had painted in his nickname (Ahchan)...
and I did the rest of the painting
(it was tedious work).






(the rest of the formula is in yellow in the next photo)



We are allowing the posters to dry overnight.

If the skies are clear in a couple of days...
I will hang the posters under our front porch...
and on Christmas Eve...
I will be playing Pink Floyd as the posters are lit by black light
(I had first listened to Pink Floyd in a poster filled black light lit room as a teenager).

I wanted to make this have special meaning for Alex (and me).

Alex loves math...
and I love Pink Floyd and Blacklight posters  :)


----------


This Christmas Eve...
Alex, his grandmother, and I will be driving around the neighborhood
and taking pictures of the various Christmas decorations.

I will take a video of our decorations...
with black light a lighting...
and Pink Floyd a playing...
as well as photos  :)






2 comments:

  1. Haha, I give you props for following through on your goal from a year ago. Very creative to put a mathematical spin on it. I look forward to seeing photos and video.

    ReplyDelete
  2. As soon as the winds die down...we will put up the posters (under the shielding of our front porch).
    I will post a video of them on Christmas Eve.

    ReplyDelete

Please feel free to comment on this article.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...