Thursday, October 15, 2015

Alex's Grandmother At Her New House



Album:  Call Of The Mystic

Artist:  Karunesh


Last evening...
my mother had finally taken possession of her new house.

Her day started out at the Title company to do the final signing of documents...
and we then went to her bank and wired the total amount into the escrow account...
and by 5 PM...
we received the call that she was then the owner of the house.



My mother going into the Title company.


My mother signing her documents.

The Title Officer is on the left...
and her realtor is on the right.



We then met the realtor at my mothers new house to get the keys to the property.


Her realtor had given my mother a gift basket as a house warming gift
(wine, cheese, and chocolate).


The living room is more expansive than this...
however, my camera lens could not fit it all in.

My mother had already ordered two European Cushion Queen size beds...
10 down pillows (two are for me  :)...
and four full bedding sets.

She had also bought a very large, very soft and well cushioned Lazy-Boy sectional sofa...
a rise-able coffee table, and end tables.

All are scheduled to be delivered in the next few days.

We still must shop for her TVs, stands, and theater sound systems...
a dinette set...and some bar stools...
a washer and dryer...
as well as get her office desk and a complete office computer set up.

She will then soon invite her friend...her realtor...
my sisters, and my family over for a house warming.


A side room, which could either be a formal dining room...or a library
(We are going to adjust the far hanging lamp up a foot and a half upwards).


The study...
or what could be bedroom #1.

I will place her desk and computer / office set up here.

I will organize her finances and do her taxes here
when I visit her on a daily basis.


The hallway leading to most of the bedrooms...
the laundry room...and one of the garages.


Bedroom #2


The common bathroom #1 with a shower / tub combination.


Bedroom #3


The laundry room and a door leading to garage #1.


A window in the hallway.


I love these wall cutouts.
They allow natural light to brighten up the whole hallway.


Bathroom # 2
It is a half bath in the middle of the house.


An entrance to the master bedroom on the other side of the house.


The doors leading to the master bedroom.


The master bedroom.

Again...
my camera lens couldn't capture all of the room in this picture.


Part of the master bathroom (bathroom #3).

It has a deep Japanese style bathtub.


On the opposite side is a nice shower with a sit down bench seat built in.


Part of the master bedroom walk in closet.


My mother laughing at her mussed hair in one of the full length
 mirrored closet doors.


The separate toilet in the master bathroom
(all of the toilet compartments have a lockable door).


Alex looking in from the master bedroom.


The kitchen with all stainless steel appliances and a five burner gas range...
and my mother doesn't even cook all that much  :)

I will be helping her cook her meals.

My house is just a few minutes away from her's.


The informal dining area.


The realtor giving my mother a card along with the gift basket.

It was very thoughtful of her realtor.



The backyard waterfall
(It is off now, as the temperatures will soon drop below freezing).




There are a couple of raised automatic drip irrigated planting beds.

My mother plans to raise many flowers in Spring.


The mountain in the background is snow capped for almost half of every year.





I plan to help my mother take out some of the plants...
and put in some Japanese maples.


The covered porch is perfect for snow viewing of the mountain...
and of the back yard when it snows
(My mother will soon buy a small patio furniture set).




A portion of her front yard
(Guess who will be shoveling snow from the driveway and the sidewalk  :)

Just by walking a few houses down...
she may see all of the city lights...
and by walking a few houses up the street...
she may walk in the mountains.



This is a picture of the one car garage...


 and this is a picture of the two car garage on the other side of the house.

My mother doesn't own a car  :)


My mother's house could park up to ten medium sized cars in the garages
 and on the driveways...all at once
(the drive way is exceptionally wide and long).


This picture is of a neighbor's house up the street.

They have Halloween decorations up.


We then departed for a celebration dinner at The Outback.


Alex had ordered a full rack of BBQ pork ribs...
and he had easily eaten it all  :)


My mother had ordered Filet Mignon and a Lobster Tail.

As it was so delicious...
my mother had eaten all of her meal with room left over.


I had ordered the almost 1 1/2 pound Rib Eye Steak...
and yes...
I had eaten it all  :)

It is my favorite.

Although I order it medium well done...
it is juicy, tender, and so full of flavor.

Whenever I get a craving for a steak...
I go here and order this.


Alex and I then had dessert.

Alex had the mini chocolate parfait...
and I had the giant white chocolate chip cookie with caramel on top...
and vanilla ice cream on top of it all.


Alex enjoying his dessert.


As I had already stated...
I will soon be starting another blog (I'll keep writing this one too)...
on healthful senior citizen living.

I will use my mother as an example.

This house is a new beginning for my mother.

She is very happy with her new lifestyle.

She is living life on a new level now...
one which shall be filled with...
healthful eating...
exercise...
and plentiful amounts of deep sleep.

She will be engaging in adventures...
creative outlets...
and living a simple healthful lifestyle.

I will include healthful, easy to cook recipes...
detailed exercise programs...
and insights to living life in a more fully engaged manner.

I've yet to come up with a title...
but the blog will focus on senior citizen living of life
in a physically, intellectually, and emotionally stimulating way...
so all of life may be truly lived.

My mother is amazed at how far she has come in just a few months...
and she is looking forward to her continued progress...
as she just continues getting happier as time goes on.


When life is lived in this manner...
death is no longer dreaded...
as life will have become too fully lived to have any regrets or fears.









2 comments:

  1. Wow, nice house! Very spacious! I really like the master bath (and especially the bathtub), and the kitchen, and the backyard.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We have been going shopping for furniture and supplies. It will take a couple of weeks to get everything set up inside...but then it will really be a comfortable home.

    ReplyDelete

Please feel free to comment on this article.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...