Wednesday, September 23, 2015

Bingo! Alex's Grandmother Finds A Home



Song:  Rainy Days

Artist:  James Moody

Alex's grandmother finally found a beautiful home.

She had placed a successful bid on this home.

It will be a few more weeks before the final process of ownership is complete...
but she will soon have a very comfortable home to live in...
and it is just a four minute drive from our home.

Her neighborhood is very small.

The builders had flattened a hilltop and placed about 40 houses on it.

Her house is at about the same elevation as is ours...
5,300 ft.

My mother has some mountain views from her backyard...
and there is a small waterfall built into the landscaping of the backyard.

My mother especially loves this feature...
although...for half a year, every year...
the water must be shut off (to all outside irrigation)...
and the pipes drained...
because the temperature often drops below freezing.

I will include inside and backyard photos once she moves in.

The hilltop may be walked from one end to the other in a few minutes.


This house will be the beginning of a new life for my mother.

Of all the houses we had seen...
this was the most beautiful
(it is especially beautiful inside...very practical, open, and elegant).


On one end...
she has easy access to the surrounding hills...
and there are trails going up so she may walk her dog...
and where she may climb higher for even more full views of the surrounding areas.


 On the other end...
all of Reno's city lights may be seen.


We had eaten lunch at a Thai restaurant.


We then drove to see one of my mother's friends.

We first went out to a Japanese restaurant with her.

Her friend lives about 2 hours away...
and when my mother moves into her new house...
she will invite her friend over for extended stays.

I will then show them around the area of Reno.



I had beef sukiyaki.


After our dinner...
we then visited my mother's friend in her home.

Many years ago, she and my mother used to take Piano lessons together.



We were leaving her home to go back to ours.


I will be going to visit my mother everyday.

We will cook together...
and I will show her some of the dishes I had cooked for myself
when I was going to University
(I was living in a rooming house at the time).

I had learned how to cook large batches of food ahead of time...
and freeze them in single serving bags...
and then microwave them for quick...
but nutritious meals.

 I was working 36 hours a week...
working out several hours a day...
and I was a full time university student
on a very limited budget...
while living in an 8 bedroom Victorian rooming house near the university.

I had to learn how to prepare my meals
in a very quick, inexpensive, and efficient manner.

(Everything had to be efficient.
Try sharing 1 kitchen and two bathrooms with 7 other adults...
especially when half of them were women!  :)


Actually...
I will be starting another blog when my mother moves into her house
(I will continue with this one also).

It will be on healthful geriatric living.

I will use my mother as an example.

In it...
I will demonstrate cooking recipes for nutritious but inexpensive meals...
exercise and restful sleep...
and an overall way of simplifying life to extract the most happiness
by enjoying the simple pleasures in life.

I will cover the physical, intellectual, and the emotional...
and how important it is to adequately stimulate all three
to live life to the fullest.

I will also try to get my mother to start a blog of her own...
in Japanese
(part of the intellectual and emotional stimulatory plan).













2 comments:

  1. Congratulations on finding such a great house for your mom! It looks beautiful on the outside and the views are awesome. I'm sure she is looking forward to moving in and will enjoy living there.

    ReplyDelete
  2. She moves in within a couple of weeks. She is very excited.

    ReplyDelete

Please feel free to comment on this article.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...