Friday, September 18, 2015

A Reno Country Drive / Alex's Dinner



Song:  Black Orpheus

Artist (Flute):  Dave Hinz


Today...
Alex tutored some students in math at his high school.

As I had dropped him off...
and was scheduled to pick him up an hour and a half later...
I just drove down the road for a bit.

These pictures were taken just 10 - 15 minutes after I had dropped off Alex.

Reno has everything nearby.

It is a land of mountain homes...
sprawling ranches...
neat little suburbs...
and downtown living.

Although I am a mountain man in my heart...
I also love the open countryside.


The highway that goes across this bridge...
goes to Carson City.











I am a fan of custom homes.
I love their unique styling and well adapted build to the climate and the land.



I thought this house was unique in that it had the old style of a completely covered porch
so that the views may be enjoyed year round.


The large cathedral center window has stained glass around its perimeter.

A nearby lake freezes over in the winter...
and people ice fish and ice skate there.


Alex loves crab and other seafood.
His mother had made a seafood nabe...
and Alex also had crab legs.


Alex had eaten his fill of crab.


My mother and I had the same meal...
only with some of my wife's pickled turnips.


These are some of my favorite pickles.

These were freshly made.
They usually take on a slightly darker color when aged more...
but they never last that long in our household.

I love these...
and I eat many slices every night.

My wife uses Memmi...
Rice Vinegar...
and Thai Chili Peppers.

Tomorrow...
my mother and I are going to see a house she is very interested in.

I hope everything goes well.

If so...
my mother will be living three minutes away.


We were going to an alpine lake tomorrow...
but, hopefully, we will be dealing with a house contract tomorrow instead  :)







2 comments:

  1. I especially like the house with the cathedral look and wrap-around, enclosed porch with all the windows.

    I love tsukemono but we don't have it too often. I'll have to see if my wife can make them more often. :)

    Good luck with the house hunting/negotiations!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My mother put in her offer. We should have an answer by the end of today.

    I especially love wrap around porches and lots of windows too.

    ReplyDelete

Please feel free to comment on this article.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...