Monday, August 3, 2015

Alex And His Grandmother Weight Training Together



Song:  Rocket Man

Artist:  Elton John


Last night we went out for Indian food.

Alex ate Salmon Tikka...
my mother had Chicken Tikka Masala...
and I had Chicken Tikka Dosa.

This Indian restaurant is not only our favorite in Reno...
they have the best Indian food I have ever had
(India Kabab and Curry).

Everything is so tasty...
very rich in flavor.




My mother and I shared an appetizer of vegetable samosas.


This is a crepe chock full of chicken tikka and potatoes.

It is as delicious as it is huge.



We then finished supper with a serving each of Punjabi Kulfi (a homemade ice cream).

It has a rich flavor.  It is my favorite ice cream.



A nice sunset was taking place on our way home from the restaurant.

We live in the mountains just left of the base of this sunset.

The next day (Sunday)...
Alex and his Grandmother lifted weights together.


Today was Trap Bar Deadlift day for Alex.


Sundays are also my mother's Trap Bar Deadlift day.

This exercise, along with weighted rucksack night walks...
will help her keep Osteoporosis at bay.

Along with this...
the effects of regular exercise will help her fully enjoy life...
as part of the basic three of vigorous health
(Nutritious and Delicious Diet / Exercise / Deep Restorative Sleep).





I will have her on the same rep - set scheme as I have Alex on...
only with lower starting weights and a lower amount of weight increase.

Today, I had each do 10 sets of singles
(30 seconds to 1 minute rest between sets).

Each week...
each increases the number of sets by 3 until a total of 25 sets are reached...
then we add weight...and decrease the total sets to 10.


Although my mother is 76 years old...
regular exercise is a necessary component of good health.

I am going to have her just do these exercises once a week...
along with just walking at night without a sand filled rucksack...
until her body fully adapts to the exercise regimen.

When she gets her house...
I will have her get a rucksack like ours...
and she will wear it during her night walks with me...
only I will add sand to her rucksack at a more conservative rate
(I will be walking her dogs beside her
 as she carries her rucksack on different nights from Alex's and my night walks).


I will also have her stretching before and after her workouts.


Being a senior citizen...
is no excuse for not following the basic three of vigorous health.

My mother said she felt very good after her exercise session today.

Once her body fully adapts to her regimen
of Sunday Deadlifts and twice weekly sand filled rucksack night walks...
she will experience life to a much fuller degree.

She is just now feeling the beginning.

Soon, she will feel as if she were a rocket with all her motors ignited...
and with nothing able to stop her rise to the stars.








No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to comment on this article.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...