Wednesday, July 1, 2015

Day 7 - Alex's 5 State Summer Vacation



Song:  Comfortably Numb

Group:  Pink Floyd




Although this was a long day...
it was a satisfying one...
with but one misstep of mine...
in a small town on the way to Canyonlands.

I had cruised through a town which had a 30 MPH speed limit...
and I hadn't been watching my speed...doh!  :)

I had gotten stopped and given a speeding ticket.

The officer was not only professional...
he was downright friendly.

I didn't feel angry after receiving it.

I not only deserved it...
it turned out to not be too expensive.

I wasn't going to let a such a small event ruin the day...
besides...
after Canyonlands, we stopped by a small town for supper...
and with what I had eaten...just made my night.

I tried...
for the first time in my life...
Navajo Fried Bread.

I will go more into this...later in the article.



We drove through Monument Valley...







and back through again.





As we left Monument Valley towards Canyonlands...
I had seen these balancing rocks above an Inn.



On the way to Canyonlands...
I had seen this arch in formation.


I don't know why the hillside was green.

It could have been Chert...
or Copper Ore...
I don't know.

It was the only time I had seen a band of green on a hillside throughout the trip.



We are at Canyonlands.














This small arch was a 1/4 mile walk from the parking lot.







We left Canyonlands after a few hours...
and headed to a restaurant my wife had seen good ratings for...
and the town it was in was just one mile off the highway to Provo
(between the N and S Hwy 191 entrances off of Hwy 70).

We decided to stop in...
and what a great decision that was.



Navajo Fried Bread.

It was positively...
without a doubt...
the greatest substance made from dough that I had ever tasted.


It wasn't the fact that this restaurant had made
my half pound cheese burger the only way to cook any meats...
CHARBROILED...
the Navajo Fried Bread was just so delicious...
I couldn't imagine it not being the only way to make 
any bread or dough substance.

It should be known and made worldwide...
for everything from sandwiches to pizza dough.

Never had I had the great pleasure of a bread of such flavor and texture.

I just drove the rest of the night to Provo remembering the great meal I had...
still relishing the taste and feel of the Navajo fried bread.

After our supper...
I had the floating, comfortably numb feeling normally felt after a good workout
(and this song was playing in my head as I drove to Provo).

I was floating on a cloud for hours.
What a fantastic meal I had!


 Alex had the chocolate cake...
and my wife had the cinnamon roll (huge!)...
and no...
she could not finish it.


I ordered a second batch of Navajo Fried Bread for my dessert.

The Navajo Fried Bread was not oily...
and the outside was just firm...not crispy...
and the inside was just pure heaven.

It came with homemade honey butter...
and raspberry and strawberry preserves
(of which made the doughy perfection into something super perfect! :).


This was pure super doughy perfection!

This was a trip into heaven where all my senses simply came alive.

I will remember Navajo Fried Bread for the rest of my life.

My mouth is watering, and my stomach feels good...even now...
just thinking about it again.


This is the restaurant which served our supper...
and the super great Navajo Fried Bread...
Tamarisk...in Green River.


The Green River flows just on the other side of the restaurant.





We were just leaving Green River on our way to Provo...
and everything in the world was just right!  :)


Man...
after that meal...
I didn't drive to Provo...
I glided!  :)



My next article will be of our last day.

We will go past the Great Salt Lake...
stop at the Bonneville Salt Flats...
and then eat supper in Reno.


2 comments:

  1. I have never had Navajo Fried Bread but will be sure to look for it if I am ever out that way!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It made all the difference in the world. I don't know how the other places we had seen on the way had made it...but this place's Navajo Fried Bread was out of this world!

    I know if someone made this in any of the big cities...they would make a fortune!

    This took the taste and experience of the Southwest...and made it come alive.

    This one experience made me feel as if I had really travelled to a new area. A great new taste brought on a great new traveling experience. It is a must try! Be sure you get it from a restaurant with good reviews. My wife checked out our restaurants and hotels ahead of time, on the road. The customer reviews had proved to be very accurate, and greatly enhanced our experience.

    ReplyDelete

Please feel free to comment on this article.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...