Wednesday, July 1, 2015

Day 6 - Alex's 5 State Summer Vacation



Song:  Sorrow

Group:  Pink Floyd





This was a day of mostly driving.

We had stopped at Arches National Park.

We hadn't spent much time there as during the journey inside of the park...
my check engine light went on.

As I had the car serviced and checked out before our journey...
and all of the other gauges in the car seemed fine
(electrical, temperature, oil pressure)...
 the performance of the car itself was fine...
and I had checked under the hood for any belts having snapped...
I was pretty sure it was the result of the gas cap not having been fully tightened
and of it having sent a false positive to the check engine light.

I retightened the gas cap...
and sure enough...
I had failed to fully engage the cap at the previous gas stop.
However, I couldn't be sure of the actual cause.

As our option was to drive to Provo for service (too far away)...
or to continue on, with me monitoring my other gauges closely...
we opted to stop early for the night.

So, we drove down to the town of Blanding...
and this set us up for the next day's events at Monument Valley...
and then back up to the North entrance of Canyonlands.

The check engine light went out after my next gas stop.

































This arch was actually outside of the park.

As we had to cut our tour of Arches National Park short...
it was good to see this one just off the Hwy on our way to Blanding.


The next article will cover our trip through Monument Valley...
into Arizona...
and back through Monument Valley and back into Utah...
and a visit to Canyonlands (North entrance)...
a brief stop for dinner at Green River...
and then on to Provo for the night.








No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to comment on this article.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...