Sunday, July 19, 2015

Alex's Paternal Aunt And Grandmother Update - House Offer In



Song:  Silent Wings

Group:  Secret Garden




A couple of days ago...
my elder sister, my mother, and I, went looking at various houses.

My mother has decided to look for a house to buy now...
so she may move in right away.

She was going to rent and wait for her model to be built...
but has decided to get a less expensive house since she will only be here
for three years (we will be moving in three years...and my mother will move with us).

We looked at a house for sale not too far from us...
and she liked it, however, we also looked at others.


We went out to dinner at a sushi restaurant...
and the next day, we narrowed down our search to a couple of preferable houses.


The next day...
my elder sister, my mother, and I, went to a mountain cafe for lunch.


On the following day...
we ate lunch at a Mexican Taqueria...
and that night...
my sister drove back home.

The next day...
my mother went to look at another home...
but she preferred an earlier one we had seen (less than 10 minutes from my house).

Yesterday...
she had put in an offer on the house...
and we are waiting until she gets an answer as to if her offer is accepted or rejected.



This morning...
my mother and I had Salmon Ochazuke for breakfast.



The night before...
Alex had taught his grandmother how to play Othello
(Alex had won all the games).



After breakfast...
my mother and I played Othello.

My mother seems delighted at her greater number of colors on the board.


Although I had ended up winning this game...
to be fair...
she had won the previous two games  :)



Alex fills his days with studies...
and he likes watching segments of his various math DVD series 
with his mother at night.

For the past week...
I have been taking my mother and elder sister around
our zip code to look at houses.

It was just yesterday when I took her to her realtor 
so I could review the house offer contract
before she signed it.

Today is just for relaxing and waiting for word tomorrow...
as to whether or not her offer will be accepted.

My mother is excited...
as the house she wants is just perfect for her.

Although it is much less expensive than the model she had initially wanted...
it still has some mountain views...it is higher up in the mountains...
it also has modern styling and is in a very good neighborhood.

With the offer we had put in...
if accepted...
she could move in...
in a couple of weeks.


Once she moves here...
I will be taking Alex and his grandmother swimming once a week (indoor pool).

I want Alex to know...
and to enjoy being with, his grandmother.

I will ensure my mother is practicing the basic three of good health
(Nutritious and Delicious Meals / Exercise / Deep Restorative Sleep). 

I will go more into this once I establish my mother's
physical / psychological wellness program...
shortly after she moves here.


-----------------


The prime teacher in life...
is one of example set.

I want Alex to realize that loyalty is not a result of obligation...
but a natural result of love having been received...
and of love, therefore, happily and freely given.

Not only am I caring for someone I love dearly...
I am setting an example for Alex in how he should care for his mother
when she is in her advanced years...should I die first.











2 comments:

  1. Nice that your mother found a house that she would be happy living in for three years. Very exciting! Hope they accept the offer!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We have entered a hitch. If she doesn't get this one...there will be others. The key is that she is happy.
    So long as we move onwards and upwards, that is what is important.

    ReplyDelete

Please feel free to comment on this article.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...