Monday, May 11, 2015

A Double Mother's Day - Alex And His Mother / Me And Mine



Song:  Only You

Music:  Winter Sonata Soundtrack



Alex had made this card for his Mother
(his Mother has a sore shoulder).


Although we won't know Alex's final grade in Calculus III for another week...
Alex hopes to be able to make his Mother happy with an 'A' in his course.


I had purchased this box of Truffles for Alex to give to his Mother.
Alex bought this with his labors.

On the next day...
Alex pulled weeds in the backyard for the purchase price of the chocolates...
so the gift would really be from him.


Alex and I took out our Mothers to a nearby Japanese restaurant for dinner.

During the day...
my Mother and I were just watching movies together.

Alex was busy all day...
and into the night...
reviewing material for his Calculus III final exam...
which would occur on the following day.



My Mother is 76 years old...
but she still loves to eat.

Although we have been eating at many different ethnic restaurants during her visit here...
both Mothers had chosen a Japanese restaurant for Mother's Day.


Alex had chosen Unagi Donburi for his meal.


My wife and I had a simple beef bento meal.


 My Mother had chosen Sashimi.


My Mother and I have had a wonderful time
during her visit to Reno.

In the next day or two...
I will be taking my Mother to a friend of her's.

She lives on the Western portion of the Sierra Nevadas...
about two hours away.

My Mother will stay with her for awhile...
until my Mother has sold one of her houses in California...
and is ready to move to Reno near me.


A few days ago...
I had taken my Mother to a mountain cafe for breakfast...
and we then took a mountain drive.

She enjoyed the scenery.

Once my Mother moves near me...
I will be taking her to weekly indoor swims with Alex (in the Winter)...
and I will take her and her dogs into the mountains 
when Alex and I ride our mountain bikes (warm weather).

She will be able to walk the dogs near where we park...
as she awaits our return.

Although my Mother and I love watching movies and dramas together...
I will ensure her life will also be filled with activities.

I plan to take her to practice Tai Chi at least twice a week...
and I will be supervising her once a week weight training at her home
(Trap Bar Deadlifts).

I will ensure she loves life by participating in it...
instead of sitting idly and watching it pass by.


Her life shall be filled with the basic three:

Nutritious Diet

Exercise

Deep Restorative Sleep...

and it will be supplemented with copious amounts of high adventure...
and the same love and affection she had shown me all of my life.


My Mother's visit here marks the beginning of a new phase of life for her
(although it may take 6 months to a year 
to complete the final phase of her move here).

My goal is to remove all negative stressors from her life...
and to replace them with all positive ones
so she will have nothing but happiness for the rest of her days.

She will continue to grow and experience life...
and so...
to truly live it.



My promise to my Mother for Mother's Day:


Okasan (Mother)...
this is not just Mother's Day...
it is the beginning of your new life.

I will fill it with happiness and joy.

Never will you have to fear...
never will you have to be lonely.

I will always be with you...
I will always be watching over you.

I am your guide in life...
for now...and forever.

We are family...
and family takes care of family.
We do not leave ours behind.


                                 - Shiroi Tora








2 comments:

  1. Glad your mother had such a nice visit with all of you. It's important to treasure the time you have with your older relatives. Sounds like you have a great plan for your mother's future.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My Mother is back in CA now. So long as she follows my plan, she will greatly enjoy life.

    ReplyDelete

Please feel free to comment on this article.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...