Health Benefits of Broccoli
- New broccoli sprout study shows benefits carry into the offspring's adulthood. Eating broccoli sprouts during pregnancy may provide your kids with life-long protection against cardiovascular disease, according to a research team led by Bernhard Juurlink at the University of Saskatchewan.
- Broccoli packs a powerful punch to bladder cancer cells, according to new information from Ohio State University.
- Broccoli may bolster the body's defences against heart disease and stroke.
- The original press release on broccoli sprouts and cancer prevention.
- Now cholesterol too? A study from Japan shows that 1 cup of broccoli sprouts a day for 1 week lowers bad cholesterol, increases good.
- Broccoli sprouts may be useful to protect retina? A study shows protection of retina in mice. Very technical.
- Broccoli sprouts may sooth airway inflammation.
- Sulforaphane found in broccoli sprouts may rejuvenate the immune system. This article in Science Daily gives details. According to a study by the National Academy of Sciences, sulforaphane found in broccoli sprouts may reduce the risk of developing cardiovascular problems of hypertension and atherosclerosis.
Read more: http://www.care2.com/greenliving/10-reasons-to-eat-sprouts.html#ixzz3Wwqqf4Tl