Saturday, March 14, 2015

Alex's Celebration Of Epic Pi Day / Einstein's Birthday



Song:  Passage Into Midnight

Artist:  Omar Akram



Actually...
as Alex had correctly pointed out...
it happens, not once, but TWICE in a century, in any given time zone...
AM and PM.

Alex worked ahead in his studies...
did a practice AIME test...
and for lunch...
his mother had made him a special seafood Pi-nomiyaki for lunch
(Okonomiyaki with a Pi symbol and the first three numerals on it in Katsu sauce :).



It was also Einstein's birthday today.


So, Alex drank out of his Einstein mug today.


For dinner...
we went out for Mexican.

Alex had his favorite...
fried Tilapia.


I had beef fajitas.

(we had originally wanted apple pie...but they had none)

We then ordered dessert 
(they arrived with a couple of minutes to spare)...
and waited for...

9:26:53 PM before we ate our century dessert to mark the time of this day.

3.14.15  9:26:53  Epic Pi day


We used Alex's iPad for the time
(upper time for the hour and minutes...
the second hand on the clock face on an app).


Just as we were leaving...
I notified our waitress of the fact that it was an Epic Pi day today...
and that it wouldn't happen for another 100 years.

She looked at me and then said that 
the manager had failed to order the apple pie...
and so, that it was the reason they were out  :)

I good naturedly told her...
"No, Pi" as I spelled it out for her.

I then said...
"You know...the numerals used in mathematical formulas
to determine the circumference, or area, of a circle?"

She then looked blankly at me, smiled, and bid me a good night.

I think she thought I was joking  :)

I got to thinking as I was leaving...
she either thought that I was joking about it being an Epic Pi day today...
or the fact that she had no idea what Pi was...
and so, had thought I was trying to make a tie in to the word Pie.


This is really disconcerting...
for either way...this must mean that...

she has never consistently watched 'The Big Bang Theory'  :) :) :)
(Sheldon...the main character...often refers to Pi)

(My three favorite shows:  The Walking Dead / The Big Bang Theory / Suits)



Don't worry...
I wasn't going to make fun of her.

Most people who are not in the mathematics or scientific fields of interest...
really don't know too much about Pi...
even though they do teach about it in junior high or high school  :)

(Math is my weakest area...I have no room to make fun of anyone  :)


----------


In my next article...
I will be going over Alex's new weight training program...
and the reasons for the modification to his old program.









2 comments:

Please feel free to comment on this article.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...