Friday, February 6, 2015

Alex's Persuasive Essay: Love At First Sight As An Illusion



Song:  A Time For Us

Artist:  Andre Rieu



This was an assignment for Alex's English class.

He did very well in this assignment.

I was intrigued by his thoughts as had been lain out in his essay.

He actually has an opposite take on love at first sight than do I.

However, he had explained himself well here.








Alex is maturing so quickly.
He is not nearly so impulsive as am I.

What I especially liked about this essay was the way 
Alex had explained himself.

He was very rational...
his argument very cogent.


Hmmm...
I think Alex needs to see more Korean Love Dramas  :)



Anyone who knows me...
knows my views on love at first sight...
and of how I know it to be, not only real...
but a love which is deep, enduring, and all consuming.

But then again...
many think I am a romantic fool...
while others think I am just a plain old fool  :)









2 comments:

  1. Alex's views on love at first sight are very rational. I do wonder, though, whether his views will change when he experiences those types of feelings for the first time. I am guessing that he hasn't yet, but that he is of the age when young men start to feel differently than when they were boys. It is easier to be rational in theory but harder once your emotions start to impact your thinking.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think you are right. I think anyone who doesn't believe in love at first sight, is someone who has never felt it. Once felt, it changes your life forever.

    ReplyDelete

Please feel free to comment on this article.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...