Friday, January 23, 2015

Alex's First Week Of Calculus III At UNR



Song:  Walking In The Air

Artist:  Zane Charron





We are in the elevator tower of the student parking garage on the way to Alex's first
Calculus III class for the Spring semester at UNR.


Alex has an early morning class.

The sun is usually just rising when we leave home for UNR.




As you can see...
the grass is frosted over.

I believe it was in the mid 20s (F).


Finally!!!

The best Tacos in Reno.

Tacos are one of the world's great dishes.

During the Winter break...
I had been searching Mexican restaurants for a suitable substitute
 until the Spring semester started...I had only found disappointment after disappointment.

Nothing I have found can match these great tacos...NOTHING!

Even though it is still early in the morning...
the Mexican cafe at UNR still serves its Tacos
(Las Trojes Express).

Properly made tacos are perfect for breakfast, lunch, or supper.

They are the anytime...anywhere...super food.


Just look at these beautifully made tacos.

Each one is filled to the brim with a generous amount of fresh hot ground beef...
and chilled fresh ingredients...
and then at the exit of the cafe...
they have the taco sauce bar.

I was actually worried over the Winter break...
that perhaps the cafe wouldn't serve tacos so early in the morning.

I was elated when I had found out that they do.

Man...
I was in heaven when I got to tear into these tacos once again.

I know people often stare at the way I eat
when I am faced with such great food directly in front of me.

I wolf these down.
If you have ever seen a hungry dog eat...
that is me eating these.

Just as a dog does...
I will look directly at my food as I strike at it with a quick large bite...
and then I will move my head slightly...
in a tearing and pulling motion.

Just as a dog must feel...
my stomach has a strong urging which calls out to my mouth
to chew quickly so it will then get to experience the wonderful sensations
that the eyes, nose, and mouth are sending it.

Once that first bite hits the stomach...
an outward radiating of warmth from the core to the ends of the limbs...
accompanied by a feeling of energy and solidity in all of the muscles of the body...
and an overall feeling of calmness and happiness throughout the body builds...
well...
I know I must be wearing this wide goofy smile on my face 
as I rapidly consume these pieces of heaven.

If a person doesn't experience this when eating tacos...
they were not made correctly.

The ladies making these tacos are from Mexico...
they know how to properly make a great taco.

You can tell they are not trained chefs...
(who so often seek complexity instead of quality in simplicity in its flavors)
and that is why these are so delicious.

It is in the simplicity of flavors and the freshness of the dish...
and all in the correct proportions...
(most restaurants skimp on the meat, as it is the most expensive component)
which make these tacos so highly addictive.

This is a dish which just sets the whole day into a mode of great happiness...
as the warmth and great satisfaction throughout the body stays with you.

They have the home cooked flavor of a mother lovingly cooking for her family.



After eating...
I retire to the building's student lounge to read until Alex finishes his class.


This is 'my' chair.

As I am usually the first one in the lounge...
with only a few other people at the most, arriving later...
it is very peaceful.


Alex has been working ahead in this class...
and so far...
has been doing very well in his homework assignments (100%).

Alex will have his first quiz sometime next week.



Tonight...
Alex and I will go out to eat at a new restaurant...
which will be for me...
a continuance of my search for the perfect cheese burger.

Just as with tacos...
it is so difficult to find places which make burgers correctly.

I will detail our experience at...
if many of the reviews are correct...
a restaurant with the best burgers in Reno.













2 comments:

  1. Glad you were able to get back to those great tacos. They do look yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just love those tacos. I also look forward to just relaxing in the lounge and reading.

    ReplyDelete

Please feel free to comment on this article.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...