Sunday, November 2, 2014

Deletion Of Article / Postponement Of Shooting Day



Song:  Nothing Else Matters

Group:  Metallica


First of all...
I deleted the article of my rant.

Upon waking today...
I thought that something was amiss and had realized that
I had erred in my initial observation of the data upon which my premise was based.

The top Universities were averaging only 2 of the 3 components of the SATs.

They were, therefore, operating on a different scale...
and so, their averages were not 'abysmal'
(However, the national averages are).

Even though everything else was still valid...
and even though their SAT averages, although not abysmal...
still had shown that they were denying students
who had near perfect scores in favor of other attributes...
I still would have never been so flabbergasted as to rant had
I not erred in my initial premise.


I apologize.

I should have been more diligent in the initial accuracy 
of my research and presentation...
especially concerning stats.

However, again...
although everything else in the article was still valid...
my intial reason for writing it was not.

So...
I deleted the whole article.

------------------

Our original plan was to go shooting right after Alex's Sunday Math Club practice.


Alex at his NNV Math Club Sunday practice.


Alex was one of several club members explaining how they had arrived
at a correct answer to one of their ARML practice problems. 

Alex did a good job explaining his solution and how he had arrived at it.
I must video tape him next time.


Right from practice...
we drove to our spot in the mountains to go shooting...however...



upon our arrival...
there were dirt mortorcyclists there that day
(We are usually the only ones out there).

As the dirt trails go all through the area in which we shoot...
we couldn't shoot out of safety concerns for the dirt bikers.

However, as the temperature continues to drop in the coming weeks...
I'll bet they won't be riding in the freezing weather.

Come to think of it...
I don't think we will be out there either  :)











2 comments:

  1. Hope you can get some shooting in before the weather gets too cold.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We will try once more. If it doesn't work...it will be too cold for many months before our next opportunity.

    ReplyDelete

Please feel free to comment on this article.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...