Sunday, June 8, 2014

Alex Graduates From 8th Grade



Song:  Honolulu City Lights

Artists:  Keola and Kapono Beamer



Although this song may seem out of place...
in the same manner that my son will be moving from place to place
(Middle School To High School)...
this song, to me, marked a time when I had left a place I had loved.
For four years, I had lived in Oahu, Hawaii...
and this was one of my favorite songs.

Just as I had moved on to bigger and better things...
so will my son.

Last week, my son, Alex, graduated from his Middle School.

Starting next school year...
Alex will be in High School.

Alex is excited at getting the opportunity to have much more 
advanced courses available.


Alex with some of his graduating classmates in the background.


Alex led the Pledge of Allegiance at the graduation commencement.




Alex has a naturally resonating voice...
and he loves getting in front of an audience  :)


Alex walking up to receive his diploma.



The school photographer will be sending her photos to us shortly.
I will include them here when they arrive.


Everyone standing is in Alex's graduating class.
Although Alex is about one year younger than most of the other students...
I was still surprised at the height of most of his classmates.


I've really got to teach him to keep his tie under his jacket.  :)

Alex starts a math class at the University of Nevada this Monday.

If he thinks he is dwarfed by these students...
on Monday, he will find out how tall the University students are  :)


My wife told me that there is a girl in his class that he has a crush on.

I was trying to figure out who it could be (it is a secret :)

Alex has always liked the mature girls is his classes.

In 4th grade, he had a crush on an 8th grader  :)
(he was taking Algebra with the 7th and 8th graders).

I cannot believe how quickly my son is growing.

Although I secretly fear the day Alex will fly from the nest...
I am, at the same time, so proud at how strong his wings are becoming.

Although we know that he will soon be soaring on his own...
we will always be soaring along the same updrafts with him...
somewhere nearby  :)



2 comments:

  1. Congrats to Alex. He certainly made the most of his middle school years.

    Times like these feel a bit bittersweet as a parent... hard to see your child growing up so quickly, isn't it? Though great to know that he is on such a good path.

    ReplyDelete
  2. He is growing so quickly. Though, I am so glad how well he is growing as a man. Bittersweet yes, however, we plan to make it more sweet than bitter...we shall always be hovering somewhere near :)

    ReplyDelete

Please feel free to comment on this article.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...