Sunday, April 27, 2014

Alex At The ARML Local Competition



Song:  Bridge Of Sighs

Group:  Robin Trower


Today Alex competed for a spot on the local team going to the ARML Nationals...
at a local private school.

There was other testing going on throughout Nevada.

Alex made the top 15...
so if the rest of the State is only sending one team...
it is unknown where he stands.

If each area of Nevada will be sending their own team...
then Alex will surely be on the team.

We should find out more next week.

I was a proctor for one of the groups testing...
and my wife was one of the scorers
(we were never in charge of Alex's group).

It was a long four hours as it was rather warm in the rooms.

I know I should have been thinking of more upbeat songs...
but slow drawn out songs such as this played in my head as I just sat waiting
for my group to finish one round after the next.







After the group round...
all of the young mathematicians had a snack break.






 It was then time for other assorted rounds.





After the ARML local competition...
I had most of the young mathematicians gather for a group shot
(there were some who hadn't shown up for this shot).


A happy Alex...
and a happier me  :)

(it was nice and cool outside)



We won't know for sure if Alex will be going to the ARML Nationals for at least one week.

If he is on the team...
the ARML Nationals will be in a little over one month.

What ever comes...
shall come.

In one and a half weeks...
Alex will be competing in the Mathcounts Nationals in Florida.

We shall be flying out with him...
and enjoying 4 days at Disney World
(for the competition and some free time in Disney World).



After getting home from today's ARML competition...
my wife was feeling too frazzled to cook...
so I took Alex out to eat at our favorite Vietnamese restaurant.



Alex and I enjoyed our meal.

We finished up...
ordered take out for momma...
and we just relaxed for the rest of the evening...at home.







2 comments:

  1. All of these competitions are great experience for Alex.

    Best to you all at Disney World. I'm sure Alex will enjoying going up against the best in the country. Hope you all enjoy the Park as well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Alex really looks forward to his competitions. We will be leaving for Florida in less than a week. We are all looking forward to the whole experience. I will be taking hundreds of photos.

    ReplyDelete

Please feel free to comment on this article.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...