Monday, February 3, 2014

Alex's Laptop Riser For Better Posture



Song:  Rest

Artist:  Elijah Bossenbroek





Posture is extremely important in everything.

It not only helps keep stress at bay physically...
but frees up the mind for greater creative and cognitive functioning.

I have been noticing Alex's posture deteriorating lately.

I should have realized it earlier as Alex spends so many hours a day on his laptop.

Just by having had it at normal table height...it had forced him to look down at it...
which made him hunch down to see the screen.

I bought a laptop riser for Alex to use from now on.

Now for him to see the screen...
he actually has to sit up straight and look at an upwards angle.



I had also gotten him an ergonomically designed keyboard.


This will promote better posture...
and will make him much more comfortable when using it for long periods.



They were relatively inexpensive...
and will help Alex in the long run.

Alex likes using them.



I had decided that I should also raise up my monitor...
as I often use my computer for many hours at a time on an almost daily basis.

This is the computer from which I Blog.

It is located in MY man cave  :)

I have everything in here...
my computer... my widescreen TV... cable... Playstation 3...
separate air-conditioning (I like the temperature much lower than does my wife)...
and I have the window blacked out...as I often sleep during the day.
Ahhh...my little slice of heaven  :)

My wife's computer (in her she cave :) is at just the right height for her...
as she is only 4' 11" .



We recently had a dusting of snow...
although not nearly so much as I had hoped for.

Alex had come down with a light cold...
so we won't be going skiing or hiking for a little while.

Alex has the first math contest tomorrow morning.

He has been preparing daily.

Although it is for national percentile ranking for advanced 10th graders...
even as an 8th grader...Alex should fair pretty well.

Tomorrow...
we are also going to the nearby mountain college (earlier article)
for an open house to get more information on the possibility of having 
Alex attend there early (getting dual credit - High School / College).












No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to comment on this article.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...