Monday, December 30, 2013

Alex's Trip To California - Mission: Grandmother



Song:  Felitsa

Artist:  Yanni



A couple of nights before we went to see my mother and sisters in California...
we went to downtown Reno to see the outdoor ice skating rink before 
stopping in to eat at one of our favorite Sushi Restaurants.






The night before we left for California...
I noticed a reddish glow in the backyard.  

I then went out to the front yard and shot this nice sunset.

Reno frequently has these beautiful glowing red and pink clouds at sunset.



Alex with my elder sister and my mother at our table in this nice Chinese restaurant
in California.

I had two basic objectives for our visit.

1)  To pick up the weight plates for my mother's trap bar...
to demonstrate the trap bar exercise program to my elder sister and mother...
to calculate their initial training weights...
and to start them on their program.

My elder sister will be going to my mother's house to exercise with her 
every Sunday with the weights.

Afterwards, they will shower...
and then go out to eat.

2)  To take my mother shopping for her home entertainment system.
My mother loves watching TV and listening to music.
She especially loves Korean and Japanese dramas.
She was making due with an outdated large screen TV.
I had shown her what an 80" Widescreen TV looks like at a neighborhood store.
My elder sister accompanied us, and together with Alex and my mom...
we picked out a nice large TV stand, a couple of Klipsch Tower speakers...
an Onkyo receiver/amplifier...
and some cables.

My elder sister is going to take her TV shopping after she sets up the TV stand.

I emphasized to my mother that as one of her great pleasures in life is to watch her
dramas and programs, she needed to get the proper equipment with which to 
thoroughly enjoy herself.


The meal was good...
and it was good to catch up on life events.


Alex is growing so quickly.


My mother with her trap bar in her exercise room.


My elder sister has been rearranging things in my mother's house for her.
She is still setting up her exercise room, so everything is in disarray.

My mother is just shy of 75 years old.

Her starting weight is 60 lbs.

My elder sister's starting weight is 110 lbs.

Go to the following link for a thorough explanation of this routine.


As I have explained before...
this one exercise will help them to stay healthy in so many ways...
and it will elevate their emotional states as well.


My elder sister and I moved her old large screen TV into her exercise room...
along with the weight set.  

Her exercise bicycle and her Wii console will also go there for her to enjoy as 
she uses her exercise bicycle several times a week.


My mother's weight set.
My elder sister will buy more plates in the future...
as she, and my mother, gain in strength.


My main objectives for this trip were accomplished.

I had set into motion, a path for my mother to more fully enjoy her life...
through greater health and well being.

(My father had ensured her financial well being.
He not only had a retirement which she still benefits from after his death...
but they had wisely invested their money so my mother has no financial worries).

She will realize much more happiness in life through the stimulation of her body
through exercise...and by more fully enjoying what she finds gives her happiness.

Life is just far too short to not strive for that which enhances life.

My mother seemed so delighted that she will, very shortly...
 enjoy a nice movie theater and entertainment room.

She talked of inviting her friends over to enjoy delicious food as they watched their
favorite shows on a beautiful HD 80" widescreen...
listening to it with true theater sound 
coming from a high quality audio sound system.
She will also soon go shopping for very comfortable furniture for her entertainment room.

I know how much my mother enjoys watching her dramas...
and, as they frequently have beautiful orchestral music throughout...
I knew how a nice sound system would make such a tremendous difference
in her ultimate enjoyment of everything on her new TV...
besides listening to her favorite music.

At first she resisted...
but once she had experienced the great difference of quality...
she got excited...and she now cannot wait to have everything set up.


As I have been stressing to my mother for years...
it is simply not enough to wish for something...
you must take positive action in life to improve it.

Alex and I left my mother's house seeing how much happier she is in life.

Her energy levels and her optimism
are now that of a young lady.

Her personality had, once again, become bubbly...
and she had the very happy smile and disposition 
of someone with great anticipation in life.

My goal was to have my mother 
not just feeling ok...
not just doing well...
but to be thoroughly happy...
enthusiastically engaged in life...
with periodic punctuations of unsuppressable joy...
where one simply must burst out into song
(as in Maria on her mountain in "The Sound Of Music").

This is how life should be.


If not...
you are merely existing...

If not...
 there is something in life that needs to be corrected.


Life must be filled with a sense of mission...
of adventure, excitement...
great anticipation for the future...
great satisfaction in life...
of great pieces of music playing in your head
as you feel the depth of colors in everything around us.

Life is to be thoroughly experienced and savored...
and always treasured.


Alex had given and recieved many hugs and kisses...
my mother is as happy as I have seen her in many years.
I have the knowledge that my mother is now on a path to greater health and happiness...
and so the woman who had given me so much in life...
I now see as getting much greater happiness in life.

Mission accomplished.


My elder sister will also be looking in on her frequently...
doing many things with her until Alex finishes his schooling 
and I get my final retirement property...
whereupon my mother will build her house next to mine...
and I may look after her to ensure she will always enjoy life to the fullest...
and where we may enjoy doing things together once again.

Remove the negative stressors in life...
appreciate the past...
enjoy the present...
dream of the future...
plan for the future...
accomplish the objectives and goals 
which shall have you achieve your dreams.

Stay the course...
and your present will be filled with great anticipation of a beautiful future...
for it will then be a foregone conclusion.

Peace of mind...
and great happiness in life...
will then be yours.
















2 comments:

  1. How wonderful to see your mother so happy. That new widescreen and sound system sound awesome! And good for your mother to want to do the exercises with the trap bar. You had a very productive trip!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So long as she follows through with the program...she will see great benefits.
    I know she will love her home theater. It is one of her great pleasures.

    ReplyDelete

Please feel free to comment on this article.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...