Monday, December 9, 2013

A Celebratory Dinner - Alex Tries New Food



Song:  Celes' Theme (Extended)

From:  Final Fantasy VI (III in US) 




A snow storm hit last week...
and yesterday...it got below 0 degrees F.
Now that is how winter should be!


We still have rabbits in the backyard.


My outdoor weather station  :)

Who needs a weather report...
when I can tell at a glance how much snow had fallen
over a particular period  :)


I love the quiet solitude of a snow blanketed area.



As Alex had done well in a nationwide math test 
(AMC 8 - Distinguished Honor Roll - top 1%)...
we decided to go out for more Teppanyaki.



Inside IJJI Teppanyaki


Once again....Flame On!


The chef had made a rooster out of some eggs to put into fried rice.


I had gotten the Filet Mignon, Lobster, and Shrimp
(I had initially forgotten to take pictures before we started eating.
I had eaten much of the food before I had taken this picture).

Alex had the same dish as before...
Lobster, Scallops, and Shrimp.

However, Alex tried the Filet Mignon
(both, his mother and I, had given him some of our Filet Mignon).

This was the first time in his life he had ever, knowingly, tried Beef
(although he has eaten hot dogs...he never knew they were all beef hot dogs :)

Alex's face lit up and he exclaimed how delicious it was.

Although Alex still loves fish the most...
he will now be able to include a steak, every so often, to his restaurant meal choices.



Here we are leaving the restaurant and going back home.

The valley floor (where the city of Reno is located)...
had far less snow than in the mountains where we live.

Earlier in the week, even with 4 wheel drive...
I had a minor multi whoop moment as I rounded a neighborhood corner
(As in Curly of the Three Stooges :)


Alex is presently completing his calculations and typing up his findings
on his science project.

Alex works so consistently...
so earnestly...
I cannot help but want to celebrate his every achievement.

OK...


I also love eating out  :)










These were taken just a few minutes ago.

The snow is melting away.

Winter is nice here.

The snow never gets too deep.

It is just enough to keep things interesting.















2 comments:

  1. You are living in a winter wonderland... everything is so beautiful.

    I would find any excuse to go to that teppanyaki restaurant, too. Luckily for you, Alex gives you some very valid reasons to celebrate. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the weather here. The seasons change...but are never too harsh in any season. The teppanyaki restaurant is our overall favorite. We shall keep going back to this one.

    ReplyDelete

Please feel free to comment on this article.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...