Sunday, August 11, 2013

Speaking Heart To Heart - My Method Of Choice





Song:  Unknown

Artist:  Unknown



Just one of the simple pleasures in life...
looking out at mountain views from home...
 the aroma of burning wood...scenting the air.



I am a very simple man.

And it is because I am such a simple man
that I operate using very simple thoughts.

I think in very general terms...
concepts and principles.

I am, in many ways...like a child.

I simply observe and listen.


I classify things in life as simply...
good or bad...
desirable or undesirable.

 I judge by simple cause and effect...
and through the naturally existing implications
of what is said...or not said...
of what is done...or not done.

I explain things in the same manner.



Now...
let me explain my usage of the centering of my words...
and my usage of ellipses.

If you will notice that in many of my paragraphs...
they narrow at certain points.

I use it as a visual cue to important points...
and as one of the ways I try to control the rate of absorption by the reader.

My use of ellipses is not strictly to restrict unnecessary words...
or as merely an alternative to other punctuation.

I use them to control the timing of my words.

I tend to break up my speech pattern for emphasis...
to impress upon the mind, certain concepts.

By controlling the timing of the words as you read them through my usage
of the centered text...and through ellipses...
I try to speak to you directly in the same pattern of speech I use...
as if I were talking directly to you...
and just as I speak to my son.

In writing...
as in music...
the spaces tell much of the mind of the composer.
They convey the mood, and intent, of the piece.
They punctuate, and accentuate, the actual content. 

I think that a heart to heart message should be read as if
the person writing it...were actually narrating it.


I realize that I seem to prosthelytize in almost every article.

However, I assure you, it only seems that way because...
I actually do  :)

My usage of emotional metaphors are to convey...
urgency or importance...
 that of breadth of application...
and that of depth of thought.

It is through them that I hope to entice certain actions.

By leading the mind...
you lead the actions.

And it is through actions...
 that positive change comes about.

It is through emotions that a person derives the impetus for change.

It is through the intellect that an efficient and effective route...
 and the sustained rate necessary to complete the objectives and goals, are devised.

It is, again, through the emotions that a sustained passion...
a drive to keep their eyes to the horizon...
that a person preservers to journey's end.

And so...
I speak in a heart to heart manner.

By speaking heart to heart...
both...
the emotions...
and the intellect...
are stimulated...and related to.


I know that by speaking matters of the heart so freely...
I must seem to many, as someone who is insincere...
a pomegranate mouth...
someone who just opens up his mouth to expose
all of his inner workings and to arrogantly espouse them so freely.

I fully well know that it is the actions of a person
which truly indicate the inner workings of the person.

However, I also know that life is for but, a brief moment.

I feel life is too short to waste with insincerity...
and with the, sometimes, meaningless social mores.

We each, inherently, wish to connect with others
on a deep, heart to heart level...
to help others...to be close with them...
without suspicion, without embarrassment.

We each also know the fragility...
the impermanence...
the tremendous brevity...of life.

To be able to live life well...
to experience great love...
and a great love of life...
to not go through life with a fear of death...
but with the knowledge of death giving life a deep and special meaning...
to be able to experience great adventures in life...
and to be able to share them with others
in an uninhibited heart to heart manner...
these are what each of us seeks in life.

So many of us well know the deep, life changing emotional state
which is brought on by a very simple realization in life...
one which most of us fully realize at various points in our lives...
that life is nothing without love...and through it...
a great love of life is born...and a love of the purity of the heart...
and so, I know that by speaking heart to heart...
others may relate to my words.


So, if I am like everyone else...
 what qualifies me to give any advice to anyone?

Ah...but that is exactly why I may.

Because I am like most everyone else...
what I speak of...
most can relate to.

 I know that so many of us have similar feelings...
thoughts, and have had very similar experiences in life...
and that we crave truly deep connections with one another.

I also know that while most understand my words...
many have gotten caught up in the world of daily tasks.

There is often so much time taken away from us...
that we simply don't feel we have time to listen to anything which is
not strictly pragmatic.


While pragmatism is the way...  
our heart...our emotions...provide the will.

It is through our emotions that our drive is derived.
It is through drive that we may accomplish far more
that what we think is possible.



These are my reasons for speaking in a
heart to heart manner...
here...and in life.


However, if my motives are suspect...
my words shall not be heard.


So...
what is in it for me?


Firstly...
my blog is a guide in life for my son, Alex.

It is also a biography of him...
 which he may later share with his future family.


Secondly...
I love to share knowledge, and happiness, with others.

It is simply for me...
one of the great pleasures in life.


So...
for those who may think that I am arrogant...perhaps so
(a truly arrogant person doesn't realize he is  :)

I say...
it does not matter.

It is the message that is important.


Much of what I say here...and in life...is not merely an opinion...
but a reasoned argument.

There are but three things that need be decided when I speak:

The veracity, and validity, of my argument...

and if it useful to you...or not.


I must say once again...
I am not a complex man.

I am very...very simple...
my heart and mind are very simple...
my thoughts and emotions are very simple...
and it is precisely because I live a simple life...
enjoying life's simple pleasures...
that I have freedom...
and why I love life so much.

Nothing I say here is profound...
it is merely good ole country common sense.













No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to comment on this article.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...