Wednesday, August 14, 2013

Parental Love: A Key To A Child's Love Of Life



Song:  To The One Who Knows

Artist:  Yanni


A pure and open hearted Alex enjoying a moment of quiet solitude
as he enjoys one of the great simple pleasures in life...
truly experiencing beauty from the heart.


I believe great parental love to be of the greatest significance
to the future happiness of a child.

For those who have not read my previous article...
in it, I had hoped to clarify who I am on the inside...
and the rationale for conveying my information...
and in the manner in which it is done...
so my words shall truly be heard...
with the heart, as well as with the mind...
without which...they would be meaningless.

Speaking Heart To Heart - My Method Of Choice



I feel for my words to be heard...
they must come from the heart...
and they must be correctly perceived as being deeply sincere.

There is one thing I hold in great disdain in life...
it is that of insincerity.


Now...
I would like to make a case for a parent's love (or other deeply loved one)
being central to a child's happiness in life.


Again, as I am like others...
my experience in life should also ring true in others' lives.


Although I have a few vivid memories
from when I was 2, 3, and 4 years old
(events later verified through my parents)...
most of my childhood memories begin as a 5 year old in Japan.

For as far back as I can remember...
I have always loved...
love.

And it is through love...
that I had found a profound love of life.


My mother is a woman with an exceptionally pure and open heart.

She is Japanese...and was raised in Japan until she and my father
got married and came to the U.S. (where my two sisters, and I, were born).
We later moved to Japan for a few years...then came back to the U.S.

Deeply steeped within the Japanese culture
is a sense that a purity of heart
leads to a purity of mind...
which then leads to purity of actions.

There is also the sense of the deep beauty that exists in simplicity.
Both, in natural beauty...as well as in the beauty of the pure of heart.

My mother is such a woman.

As a child, I remember being held closely by my mother.

However, it wasn't just in her warmth, her softness...
or her genuine and warm smile which I remember
 the most fondly while being gently held by her...
it was the love for me I had seen in her eyes.


Of course...
a child naturally associates the great pleasure he receives
through his senses...with the perceived cause.

And so...
it is through the love demonstrated to me
by my mother...through her actions...
and especially as transveyed through her eyes...
that I had learned to love...love.

As a result of her never ending warmth and kindness...
my mother remains as one of my great loves in life.

On the outside...
and so far as the pragmatic portion of my mind...
I am like my father.

However, on the inside...
especially emotionally...
I am like my mother.

When it comes to matters of the heart...
our hearts and minds...are as one.

As a result...
just as recently as a few years ago
(when I was still living in California)...
when I used to visit my mother once a week...
we would talk for 6 - 8 hours at a time...
almost non-stop.

We would discuss common sense philosophy
and other topics...but for the most part...
we frequently spoke of matters of the heart freely.

She would always cook a meal...
and then over snacks and coffee...
we would just talk of past and future...
of hopes, plans, and dreams.

We would also watch Japanese and Korean Dramas together...
often times for many hours non-stop.

My mother is still vibrant and healthy...
and she still loves all of the simple pleasures in life.

Once Alex has established his future...
my plan is to get a large piece of property in beautiful surroundings
where I shall create a heaven there...
to not only enjoy for the rest of our lives...
and to not only pass it down to our son, Alex...
but where I may take care of my mother for the rest of her life
(my father had passed away a couple of years ago).
A place where we may, once again...
enjoy our meals, snacks, and coffee...
our Japanese and Korean dramas...
and our heart to heart talks...together.

A love which is given fully and openly...
with a pure heart...
is timeless...
it is never forgotten.


When a child has a love of love...
he knows that true romantic love also exists.

True romantic love is something which...
 once experienced...
will change a person's life evermore.


It has been almost 34 years since I had first met her...
and although our time together was far...far too brief...
from the first moment I had looked into her eyes...
and had seen the depth and purity of her heart...
everything had changed forever.


Life had taken on a beauty, of such, I had never before seen.

Music had played with a richness, of such, I had never before heard.

Colors had taken on a vibrancy...
a feel of their own...
of such, I had never before felt.

Everything in the world made sense...
with a crystal clarity...
 of such, I had never before realized.

It was she...
who, through the great beauty of her soul...
had taught me the great beauty, and love, of life.


A true love of life naturally occurs
as a result of having found true romantic love.
Even when the person is gone...
your love for them...
and your love of life...
never leaves you.


Even now...
my great love of life remains undiminished.

I see great beauty in the simplest of things.
Beautiful music plays wherever I go...
to such a depth and clarity...
my soul is never lonely.


True love exists...
and it is a mother's great love which opens the way for it.


My son, Alex...the greatest love of my life.

It was through him...
 the purity of his heart...
his great selflessness and capacity for love...
that I had finally understood the depth of my mother's love...
for me.

And it is he...
through our great love for him...
who we are preparing to find his true romantic love...
and to discover his great love of life.















4 comments:

  1. Wow, as I was reading this to mom, we were both crying. Very beautifully written, and also quite accurate. I applaud your realization and gratitude. I always said, a man that has a strained relationship with his mother, is not marriage material. Even if the problems are all hers.... he is still affected. A man who loves love is a man that has much to offer the world.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you...and yes...all was said with sincerity. Although I had hesitated writing this article...I have been watching Korean dramas lately. I cannot help but think about the nature of love when I see them :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh no! Korean dramas do not convey a very healthy view of love. They are so sad and fraught with peril. I will say the characters have an innocence and beauty that appeals to people in love, but the truth is.... it is an addictive trap that sucks you in 8-12 hours at a time or until you fall asleep.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Korean and Japanese dramas are about the essence of love. It is addictive because of how it makes each of us feel deep down...they relate to the heart.

    ReplyDelete

Please feel free to comment on this article.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...