Friday, May 10, 2013

Alex's Thinkwell Calculus I Final




Song:  Tao

Artist:  Kitaro



Alex has just finished his Thinkwell Calculus I course (advanced at home training).

He initially started Calculus I about 5 months ago.

He will now move on to Calculus II.


He took his end of course exam and got 27 out of 30 questions correct (90%).

Earlier this night, as part of our weekly night out at one of our favorite restaurants...
I had questioned Alex as to the 3 problems which he had missed.

I was concerned that Alex may have misunderstood a fundamental
Calculus concept since he had missed 3 problems on his exam.

After taking his exam...
his mistakes were shown in the program...
and he was guided back to the portion of the program
which had originally covered the particular concepts.

Alex had explained that on one of the questions...
he had made a careless mistake...
and that on two of them...
he had misremembered an application of a particular concept
that he had initially learned near the beginning of the course.

As always...
he had gone over the concepts and understood where he had gone wrong...
so, he now has 100% understanding (necessary before moving forward).


Thinkwell has been our favorite homeschool math program for years now.

Alex thrives with Thinkwell.

Below is the content of his Calculus I program.

I simply cannot recommend enough...
Thinkwell's math programs...
especially for Home Schooling.

It is a spectacular program.
Alex finds it thoroughly interesting...
the concepts are explained very well...
and his understanding of the material is assured
since the program shows the mistakes...
and then redirects the student to the concept involved...
 for review and more practice.

Although Alex also goes to a public charter school...
he does much of his advanced math learning at home.









Alex is looking forward to Calculus II...
which he will begin tomorrow.

Alex is a true Intellectual Warrior.

He self initiates his studies...
he seeks to expand his knowledge...
 and he seeks perfection in performance.

Alex is a hybrid of Sir Lancelot and Merlin...
as he is such a fierce and passionate learner...
and his rate of learning is almost magical.

Our home life is filled with great happiness...
as Alex just keeps improving in all areas.

Our lives are straight out of Camelot...
as the future is bright, and the atmosphere
is well structured, peaceful, and light hearted.

This, of course, makes his mother Guinevere...
and me, by default...
King Arthur!  :)
(sounds good to me :)


Tomorrow...
after Alex completes his daily studies...
I will take him swimming.

I will then have Alex help me put together
a small container garden in our backyard.

This Sunday...
Alex, and I, will go fishing for Trout
(I learned of another fishing area which should prove productive).

Afterwards...
we will take his mother out to a Mother's day dinner.

I also bought a much bigger Bar-B-Que.

Yes...
I am forever the optimist...
I bought one large enough to grill many fish at once  :)












No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to comment on this article.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...