Wednesday, March 27, 2013

The ILBE Rucksack - A Bug Out Bag Supplement



ILBE Rucksack I

(NOT me in the video)





Another ILBE Rucksack video

(NOT me in the video)



This is a supplementary bag that is a necessity for a well rounded
Bug Out Bag (original article on a Bug Out Bag)




This great piece of gear...
the U.S. Marines ILBE rucksack...
is large enough to be a stand alone Bug Out Bag...
however...
I consider it to be a supplement to a Bug Out Bag 
as you may carry all of your immediate needs in it
while the extra equipment (for a base camp) may be carried
in the Army Duffle bag (such as a surgical kit - medication - extra Ammo...etc).


I bought one after extensive research and comparisons
with various rucksacks on the market.

Why had I decided on the ILBE?

First and foremost...
it is rugged.

The material is superior for wear resistance...
the stitching is extremely strong...
the attachment points are numerous...
the bag is cavernous...
the straps, back pad, and hip belt are very well padded and constructed...
it was designed to carry well over 100 lbs...
it was designed to be reliable in extreme conditions...
the design keeps the weight high and close to your center...
the internal frame is very stable and comfortable.


The U.S. Marines used this pack for many years.
It had to stand up to heavy loads for extended periods of time...
and through very rough use.

There are very few people who are as tough...
who can carry the heavy loads that this rucksack can carry for long distances...
as a U.S. Marine
(with the exception of...
a soldier of the U.S. Army  :)


They are readily available through Amazon for $137.49.

I bought mine through Amazon...
and through this seller:

dayton - surplus

(I don't include direct links to products to 
keep my perceived motive, and so, my recommendation, pure)


I can vouch that my received rucksack from dayton - surplus 
was in new condition...
all advertised parts included...
and that I was extremely happy with the whole transaction.


I will eventually buy one for Alex...
and one for my wife...
not only to go with our bug out bags...
but for all of our hiking and camping needs.

This is genuine U.S. Govt. issue gear.

Alex is posing with the rucksack
(some blankets put in...but NOT stuffed to capacity...
the bag will expand more than shown).





I cannot express enough how rugged...
how well designed...
how comfortable...
and how much of a value this rucksack is.

You will simply not find all of the positive attributes
that this rucksack has...
at this price...or even for much higher.

At such a low price...
each member of your family may have this extremely
valuable piece of equipment to enjoy hikes...
and to have all the necessities of survival close at hand... 
packed and ready to go.


While I was in the U.S. Army...
I had carried over 100 lbs in my rucksack
(an inferior model to this one)...
in winter conditions...in mountainous terrain... for weeks on end.

When I recently tried on this pack...
I immediately knew how superior the fit and weight distribution was.

The padding throughout all of the body contact points is simply 
the best I have found.  

It will allow a person to carry heavy loads for great distances
without the discomfort that inferiorly designed packs will give.

This is a pack that will last a lifetime...
and one in which you may hand down generation to generation...
as part of your Bug Out Bag.

For those who have not read my article on the Bug Out Bag...
once again...
here is the link:



This article goes in to the necessary mind set behind having...
and the basics of, a Bug Out Bag.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to comment on this article.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...