Monday, February 11, 2013

Alex's Social Studies Interview Assignment




Song:  Christofori's Dream

Artist:  David Lanz


Alex had missed 3 days of school...
and so, he had 3 assignments to make up.

He had finished two of them at school...
this last one, he had to do today to turn in tomorrow.

It involved interviewing someone on the one statement
in the Preamble to the U.S. Constitution which he had valued the most.

Before dinner, Alex had told me about his assignment.

As I am still getting over the Flu...
as a result of my coughing fits...
my voice is almost gone.

So, while Alex was completing his other assignments...
I quickly typed my reasons for choosing my statement (below).




Alex took this as my explanation for my choice and instead of a strictly
Interview format (which I couldn't participate in)...
he took my thoughts and (broken) verbal explanations and condensed it
 into his one page synopsis of his question to me.







I had to have him retype certain sections as he had initially merely reexplained 
my written thoughts.  I had him go into how it actually affected the whole of the 
Preamble to the Constitution.  I had told him about how human nature affected
human decisions and the after effects of faulty policies and in how populaces
would perceive them 
(my voice uncontrollably skipping a few octaves every few words :)

As his assignment could only be one page long...
I merely had him staple my thoughts onto his paper.

Alex had the most difficult time with my explanation of human nature...
in how others often perceive things...and why.

Although it is often inherent with children in the Autistic Spectrum...
he is steadily improving.

Alex worked fairly quickly in his assignment...
he is a very rapid typist.

In such future assignments...
(when my voice returns)...
I will have him get used to taking very good notes of just salient points...
and then working off just his notes.

This will force him to ask pertinent questions
in order to generate pertinent answers from his interviewee.





No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to comment on this article.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...