Sunday, September 16, 2012

Alex's Science Project - Stage II



Song:  The Crystal Ship

Artist:  George Winston


First of all...
by showing Alex's projects, and the steps taken in arriving at his results...
I hope to help other parents help their children.

Just as each of Alex's reports or projects gives him a template from which
he may use in similar future projects...the same may apply to your children.

I hope that by laying out Alex's steps in his projects...
it will make it easier for all those parents who don't have the free time that I do.

By following the same format I will lay out...
it will make it easier for you, the hard working parent...
to guide your child in these areas.


As this is Alex's first science project...
I am walking him through it...
while I am teaching him each area.

I stress the reasons why certain things are done...
and the correct set up of an experiment (a simple one).

When the actual experiment begins...
he will be doing all the hands on work and documentation
(under my supervision).

He will also be doing the data analysis and presentation.

Alex is now in the second stage of his Science Project.

Besides typing up his Materials List and his Hypothesis...
he has typed up his experiment's Variables and Controls.


First is his Hypothesis:
(as explained in a previous article)



Alex typed out his Materials List...
and we are awaiting delivery of each.


Alex typed out his Variables and Controls papers for his experiment today.

Again...
as this is Alex's first science experiment...
I walked him through the necessary steps to take.

I taught him what each area meant and how to incorporate them
into an actual experiment.  I taught him the importance of the controls
and the strict controlling of the variables...just as a Science Teacher would.








As Alex is still not feeling well...
he is going to complete his Research and Bibliography paper next weekend.



2 comments:

  1. I am taking notes for when my son has to do a science project... probably a few years yet for me... though a project like this might be a good exercise to do sometime even before he has to do one for school.

    ReplyDelete
  2. In later articles, I will delineate the more specific steps taken in the experiment. It should prove to be very interesting.

    ReplyDelete

Please feel free to comment on this article.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...