Wednesday, August 8, 2012

Summer Fun For Alex - Day And Night



Song:  Ami - FFVIII - Piano

Performing Artist:  Calikokat


After Alex's studies for the day...
I took him out to a Vietnamese restaurant...
and then to Wild Island Park.


These are mine.
They are Grilled Beef Sandwiches.
I absolutely LOVE them
(during my first visit...I had actually eaten three of them).


Alex had Seafood Rice Noodle Soup.


We then went to Wild Island Mini-Golf and to the Go Cart track.






Alex had done very well.
He had used the brakes appropriately...
and he was not so tentative in his application of the accelerator.

Alex really had fun there.
However...we had more fun scheduled.
From 7:30 PM to 9:00 PM there is a neighborhood indoor pool
that has open swimming during this time slot.


Alex having a great time swimming.

He was all smiles while in the water.





This pool is open all year.
It is heated...and in winter...the air is also heated.

I bought a swimming suit so I may join Alex in the pool
next time we go...in a few days.

We now have a place to swim whenever we choose.

It is less than 10 minutes away from home...
and it is open almost everyday.

We had only just found it yesterday...
we hadn't even thought to look for an indoor public pool before then.

I get sunburned too easily...even with sunscreen...
so this was just perfect.

I shall be teaching Alex how to improve his swimming throughout the year now.


8 comments:

  1. Alex is so lucky that he has a father dedicated to providing him many different experiences! The patience and the love that you show by making him a priority, is clear in your words and pictures!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He is my great love in life. With that...everything else comes naturally...and is a great pleasure. I enjoy, so much, watching him enjoy himself.

      Delete
  2. Nice pool! I really like swimming, and there are some pools around my house. My city is close to the ocean and mountain.
    So you can enjoy swimming in the river or the sea.
    But public pools are also good.Have a nice summer time!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. I really love two things about this pool. It is indoors...and it is indoors :)

      This way we may swim in winter when there is snow outside...and we may swim at night and out of the sun in the day...I get sunburned so easily.

      Delete
  3. Oh, I feel like swimming right now!

    By the way, I bought the album of Thomas Bergersen. I'm always listening his music on my iPod.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I shall be swimming with my son tomorrow. The pool is heated to a very comfortable temperature.

      Thomas Bergersen is my favorite composer. He was the main force behind "Two Steps From Hell". I also feature their music on many of my articles.

      Delete
  4. We have been thinking of introducing our son to Vietnamese food... the picture of your grilled beef sandwich makes me want to go soon. :)

    That is nice that Alex can drive a go cart. I wonder sometimes if my son will ever be able to. It is hard to imagine being able to trust him behind the wheel, even for just a go cart.

    That pool looks great! I'm sure you will get a lot of use out of it. No more sunburns! At least from swimming. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We just went again today. I had the same thing...2 beef sandwiches. Alex really had a good time driving around the track. We are going swimming from 7:30 PM till 9:00 PM tomorrow. I am really looking forward to it. The water temperature is about 80 degrees...it reminds me of Hawaiian summer waters.

      Delete

Please feel free to comment on this article.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...