Thursday, April 12, 2012

Mini Adventures In Life


Song:  Remember Me

Artist:  Thomas Bergersen



When the priorities in life have been designated and are actively worked toward...
a peace of mind occurs so you may enjoy many of life's simpler pleasures.

Each small outing can be looked forward to as a mini adventure...
something where, often times, small overlooked pleasures... 
may be fully enjoyed.






A couple of days ago, we had decided to drive over the Sierra Nevadas
to do some shopping at a Japanese market in California.

Although there is an Asian market in town where we may buy much of what
we desire to stock our pantry with various Japanese food products...
this particular market in California was only a 2 hour drive away.

We enjoy long drives.

Alex loves his iPad, as well as looking out the windows at the scenery.
My wife likes to watch videos on the drive.
I love the scenery and listening to music.

The drive becomes all the more pleasurable when there is a new place to discover. 

A destination of promise and adventure...
if only for the journey itself.






Although it was a nice store...
it wasn't so large as we had hoped.

The trip was still worth it...
it was a very enjoyable drive.




On our way back to Nevada...
we were treated to more picturesque views of the mountains
which separate California and Nevada.

We had a van load of Japanese groceries...
which always makes me happy.

We love Japanese food, and I always look forward to my wife's cooking.

I think that cooking is a highly underrated skill by many modern young ladies
(sorry modern people...not to malign you...I am talking of a traditional family  :)

Besides being a linchpin of physical health...
it is also vital to the emotional well being of the family.

One of the highlights of the day when I was young...
was the anticipation of the coming meal which my mother was preparing...
and of the gorging of my young belly with all the delicious food she had prepared.

It hasn't changed now that my wife cooks our meals.

In my mind...
the amount of effort that a wife/mother puts into her food preparation...
bespeaks the depth of her love for her family.

It is more than appreciated...
it is remembered forever.

We eat out at least once a week...
to not only give my wife a well deserved break...
but to experience a new mini adventure.

We discuss and plan a new restaurant to try...
a new nation's cuisine to experience...
or a new dish in a favorite restaurant.

We will throw a suggestion out to each other as to a certain preference...
and when we reach a consensus...
it is research time.

My wife will go onto the internet and research the menu
and the customer ratings.

I'll punch in the address into the GPS...
and off we go on to a new adventure.


Today we went out to a Vietnamese restaurant which specializes in Hot Pot dishes
(Asian Hot Pot).



Alex with his iPad.


This restaurant offered an all you can eat...
cook at the table dining experience.

It came with a dual soup base hot pot
(your choice of soup bases)...
any number of many different types of meat, vegetables and noodles...
and it plugs in at the table where you may enjoy a couple of hours
eating at your leisure.





My wife had chosen a Miso base for Alex and herself.
I had chosen the Oriental Spicy Herb soup base.

Mine was very good...
but a little too spicy for my taste.
I will try the Tom Yum Thai soup base next time.


As there are so many different types of restaurants...
from so many nations...far more than I have had the opportunity
to experience in the past...
we have many years of new adventures to explore and enjoy.

Although I think it is important to always have a new adventure on the horizon...
one where you may always have something to look forward to...
it is equally important to see it as a reward for steady progression in life.

If you see it as something to earn...
you work all the harder to earn it.

When you then go out to eat...
it is all the more enjoyed.


I have peace of mind because I see my son growing, learning...
and enjoying life.

My wife is always researching new and better programs and texts
for Alex to keep excelling in his studies.

I keep monitoring Alex's progress in his studies and life skills...
to ensure he is well balanced in all areas of disciplines...
not merely the academic ones.

I simply love life...
I know the great pleasures to be had from it.

I am doubling it by being able to teach the value of life to my son.

By teaching him the value of Deferred Gratification...
he is on a steadily growing Positive Spiral...
one where life just keeps getting better the longer you live.

To see him progressing in life...
preparing for it...
enjoying it...
is a mission of great love and pleasure 
that is such a large part of my Positive Spiral.

Together...as a family...
we earn our mini adventures in life...
and so...
we thoroughly enjoy them...
and are able to savor them for what they are...
royal feasts and adventures...
fit for a King, a Queen...
and our Prince.

2 comments:

  1. I like long drives, too. Of course, they are so much better when you have beautiful scenery like you did... love the snow-capped mountains!

    That Vietnamese restaurant looks awesome! It is so nice when the whole family looks forward to a new adventure.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I felt so guilty for our not being able to finish everything that I left an extra large tip. I was stuffed!

    ReplyDelete

Please feel free to comment on this article.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...