Sunday, April 8, 2012

Memories Of An Easter... Years Past


Song:  Vincent

Artist:  Don Mclean



It is Easter Sunday today...
and although I am not religious...
this day brings me good memories of when Alex enjoyed 
himself during the year's holidays.

By the time he was 8 yrs. old...
he had outgrown almost all holidays.

He felt they were for small children.

He was still 7 yrs. old in these pictures...
and they were to be of his last Easter Egg Hunt.






4 yrs. ago...
Alex was invited to an Easter Egg Hunt at a neighborhood ranch 
with some of his schoolmates (near our old home in California).









As I was sleeping at this time in preparation for work on that night...
I had missed this day.

My wife always takes plenty of pictures of his activities...
so I still get to enjoy this time even though I was not there.

In each photo, I could feel what he was feeling because I have seen him
give the same expressions and do the same reactions time and again 
throughout his life.


As Alex is now 11 yrs. old...
and he is rapidly getting independent...
I miss more and more...
his childish laughter and pure innocence in play.

For new parents...
always carry a good camera to capture the special events...
as well as the ordinary.

You will find that the ordinary will become more and more special...
as years go by.

2 comments:

  1. I am so glad that I have taken so many pictures of my son as it helps me to remember everything. You are so right that even the ordinary becomes special as the years go by.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, the great gift to parents is the memories of their children. Photos help keep those memories vivid.

    ReplyDelete

Please feel free to comment on this article.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...