Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Alex Enjoying His EzyRoller


Song:  Lothlorien (Extended Version)

Original Artist:  Enya

Rendition:  Zpooned




Alex at a nearby park on his EzyRoller
(the park was just a couple of miles down the hillside from home).

We had bought this for him a few years ago.  
He has had a great time on it ever since.






He went 3 full circuits of this park.

He would go really fast on the down hill...
and then had to work on the uphill...
but he enjoyed it immensely.





For those of whom are parents...
you already know the deep satisfaction of watching your children
smiling, laughing...of really losing themselves in the moment.

For those of whom are not parents...
I assure you...
there is nothing in the world so pure and innocent...
so heart warming to watch as they play...
as your children.

Although Alex is now 11 yrs. old...
he still has the pure heart of a young child...
one with no malice or malcontent...
one filled with sweetness and kindness...
 one who's heart beats for goodness and justice.

He enjoys leading a disciplined life, yet...
he gets so happy from the simple pleasures in life.

Of all his attributes...
it is his sweet and gentle disposition that makes me the most proud.

Although I am a little sad to see him grow so quickly...
I am so proud to see him grow so well as a human being.

Yes, he is on the Autistic Spectrum...
and I would not wish to have him any other way.

I feel so honored to be the father of my son.

I realize that since I am retired...
I am in a unique position to spend a lot of time with my young son.

However, to the fathers who are very busy everyday...
it is these simple times spent enjoying the simple pleasures with 
your children that shall be fondly remembered by all.

Every so often...
ask them what they would most like to do...
then do it with them.

Make time...
they are young only once...
and never again.



4 comments:

  1. What a view of sky ....
    which leads me tears

    Sorry for only such a simple words .

    Maggie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Maggie, thank you for your comment. Yes, you know how fond I am of sunsets. I really love where I am now living. The mountain air is so fresh. Please don't worry...simple words are often the best. Please feel free to comment with whatever words you wish. Take care.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That Ezy Roller looks fun! I want one! :)

    A beautiful sky, your child having a great time... what a wonderful time!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes, life is so great. We are planning to have more great times in the very near future. We will start our mini vacation soon.

    ReplyDelete

Please feel free to comment on this article.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...