Thursday, November 3, 2011

Book Review: Inside Out: Stories And Poems From An Autistic Mind - Russell Lehmann


Song:  The Memory Of Trees

Artist:  Enya


Just over six months ago...
I had done an article on a very special young man
who I had fortuitously run across on Twitter.

I had read some of his poetry and had read some of his life story.

I was so impressed...
I had to let others know of him and of his works.

My original article on Russell Lehmann:



I received an E-mail from Russell a short time ago.

He remembered the article I had written on him and he told me 
he had just released a book on his life and of his poetry.

I immediately ordered a copy and read it through just today.

I am so glad he has pursued his writing.

He is a voice for so many with Autism.

(as in all of my reviews...I get no compensation)




Below is the ordering page from Russell Lehmann's web site.


The book sells for less than $10.00 and is available from
multiple sources from this web page.

You may also order through Amazon as a physical book or an E-Book for Kindle
from his web site.

Although the book, at just 82 pages, may seem short at first...
it more than makes up for mere quantity through the depth and breadth
of his writing, his story, and of his poems.

This is a must have book for all parents of children on the spectrum
as well as all others who wish to be treated to an inspiring and illuminating book.

If your only exposure to Autism was the movie Rainman...
you will find yourself reading and wondering how a person who is Autistic 
could not only write so well...
but could feel, as well as understand
how others feel, at such a great level.

The story alone is well worth the price...
however, he had included his many beautiful poems in his book.

I had found myself feeling sorrow for what he had gone through...
and at the same time, I had felt inspired for the way in which he had
handled his many trials in life...
of his great courage and determination.

Should you wish to know what goes on in the mind of 
 Russell Lehmann (a high functioning Autistic)...
his battles with OCD (Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder)...
his deep fears...
his feelings of isolation...
his gratitude toward those who had mentored him...
as well as his deep feelings of friendship and love...
and of his continuing struggles...
this book will tell you not only all of these...
it will tell the story of so many with Autism...
of some of what many so often feel...
and how some are treated by others...
the good and the bad.

His central message is one of courage and perseverance. 

The great value of this book is in the understanding of not only...

Russell Lehmann...
the young man...
the high functioning Autistic...
a human being with a great sense of justice and artistic beauty...
it is a glimpse into the human condition.

Through this book you will realize that a person who is Autistic
is not only one of us...he is our brother.

He thinks and feels just as we do...
just that his senses and feelings run very deeply...
sometimes to the point of pain.

It is because of his great depth of feeling and pain...
that he has, I feel, a much greater understanding of life than others of his age.

He is a man of...
 pureness...
courage...
compassion...
wisdom.

Should you be a person in search of a deeper understanding
to the Autistic Spectrum...from the inside...
you will wish to have this book.

Should you be the parent of a child on the Autistic Spectrum...
you simply MUST have this book.




4 comments:

  1. To White tiger 白いとら さんへ

    I remember once you introduced him here, didn't you?
    If I remember wrong ,sorry.
    At that time I visited his website and read some articles of him.
    Thanks to you I became to know him.

    Maggie まぎぃ より

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, you are correct. I had written an article on him a little over 6 months ago. He has come a long way since then. I am very happy for him.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the tip on this book. Russell is very inspiring.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes, he has taken the difficult but correct path in life. He is such an inspiration to all people.

    ReplyDelete

Please feel free to comment on this article.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...