Monday, September 5, 2011

Alex At Ocean Beach - San Francisco - A Day Of Fun...Without Sun.


Song:  The Sound Of Silence

Artists:  Simon and Garfunkel



Ocean Beach (San Francisco) on a good day.



Ocean Beach on this day.

It was overcast and chilly...
however, Alex had a great time there.

He had gone there with his Mother and with
his once a week playtime friends and their Mother.

They first went to Ocean Beach for a few hours of fun.
They then went to Japan Town (SF) to shop and to eat Sushi.

Alex loves the ocean.

Even though he could only go to mid shin level in the water...
his mother said that he was laughing and chuckling throughout his time there.



Alex sees these children once a week for a few hours.

The boy was in Alex's class when Alex went to public school.

The boy's sister is in a grade lower.

They always have fun together. 
 Alex always looks forward to playing with them.



Both of Alex's friends are very bright and studious. 

All three children have a lot in common.

They are very gentle in nature...
  usually upbeat and happy...
and are unusually mature for their age.



Although Alex loves playing with select others...
for a few hours...
he also loves to be alone.

He, and I, have this in common...
we are both loners by nature.

He is very introspective...
this much I had seen in him as a toddler.

Although Alex doesn't like to be around too many children at once...
or even with a few for very long periods...
he is not lonely.


He simply loves...

 his solitude...
to ponder his thoughts...

his silence...
to listen to his inner music.


2 comments:

  1. I can very much relate to being introspective as I am that way, too. I think it is harder for me to relate to my son's outgoing nature. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think, because my son, and I, are both introspective...It makes it easier for me to predict what he will do...than if he had different drives. As I am not so outgoing in nature...the actions of an outgoing person would not be intuitive to me...and so, I would have to go by situational experience instead of by knowing from the gut.

    ReplyDelete

Please feel free to comment on this article.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...