Sunday, July 17, 2011

Home Schooling - Alex Having Fun Learning New Physical Skills


Song:  Eyes Of A Child

Group:  The Moody Blues




We have been going to the town pool for an hour of swimming lessons
and free swimming twice a week.

I am teaching him the Breast Stroke.

While he is slowly getting it...we have a ways to go yet.

He enjoys swimming very much.

Although I get sunburned...I enjoy watching him enjoy himself.



This was Alex's first day on an adult sized scooter.

He really liked it.  He had long since outgrown his razor scooter.




New ways of exercising is not only refreshing...
it teaches new types of motor skills.


When Alex is exploring his world...
I am re-exploring mine.

It is the reflection of my son's view of the world...
the great happiness and sense of wonder
that I see in his eyes that makes me wish to 
show him more and more of it.

The pure innocence and delight... 
in the faces of our children...
 give we parents, the ability...
 to once again...
see the world through...
the eyes of a child.



3 comments:

  1. Rosewitch ((Sakiko )July 18, 2011 at 5:19 AM

    Hello Shiroi Tora san,

    So beautiful movie! ...Eyes of a child.
    That is a town pool!? So big and nice.
    I thought you were in the Hotel.
    You enjoy summer days with your son!
    When my daughter was a child,
    I took her to the park, pool , mountains, out side.
    So I got sun burn.

    ReplyDelete
  2. There's nothing that gives me more joy than seeing the world through my son's eyes when he is having fun or in wonder of a new experience.

    Does Alex enjoy the scooter more than a bicycle?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Rosewitch: Our town pool is actually the High School's Pool. I now enjoy every day with him since I retired over 2 months ago. Thank you for your visit!

    Yuji: Alex loves them both...however...I think he will soon favor bicycling as we shall all go. We will soon get Alex a larger bike...and my wife and I will get ours so we may take family rides. Some time in the future, we will plan special bike riding trips....where the focus will be on the beauty of the location and bike trail availability.

    Yes...I love seeing the twinkle of delight in Alex's wide open eyes when ever he is really enjoying himself. Later, he will talk and write about his experience with fond remembrance in his voice, and with anticipation for the next.

    ReplyDelete

Please feel free to comment on this article.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...