Saturday, June 18, 2011

Home Schooling - Leisure Reading - Diary Of A Wimpy Kid




Song:   Safety Dance

Group:   Men Without Hats


Alex loves the Diary Of A Wimpy Kid series.

Although he reads many advanced books...
he is still an innocent child in many ways.

Every so often, he likes to read light hearted
books with a comical theme.

He has seen two of the movies and has read many of the books.



The first movie he had seen at home.

He really enjoyed it.

He even enjoyed writing about it.

He had written a movie review as a writing assignment.



When the next movie came out a few months ago
(Dairy of a Wimpy Kid...Roderick Rules)
Alex said he wanted to see it at a movie theater.




I hadn't been to a movie theater for close to fifteen years...
I hate crowds.

However, my wife explained that we could go to the late showing
on a weekday (10:30 pm start time) and that it 
probably wouldn't be crowded at that time.




We were the only people there for that showing!


When we got out...
there were not even workers to be seen.

Now that is what I call going to the movies!

No crowds...
no noise...

Perfect!

We shall be going to the late shows from now on!

Alex enjoyed it...

I, of course, found it to be light hearted and a little silly...

but then again...
so is this posted song...
and I like it...
so...

I really cannot complain.




6 comments:

  1. Funny - that was always one of the things I loved about homeschooling. You could go places during the day and there would be nobody else there. I also don't care for crowds!

    Alex writes very well. How old is he? You probably answered that somewhere else, but I am a new reader.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you. He is ten yrs. old. Yes, on weekdays during the day, we can have relatively free access to many attractions, such as Planetariums and Museums.

    Our whole family loves Home Schooling. I am retired now, so we may go at the most opportune times for events.

    Thank you for stopping by and commenting.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great idea! I have a friend whose son is an aspi kid and can't handle big crowds either. I am going to share your blog w/ her. I just know she will find it helpful. Btw my own son likes the Diary of a Wimpy Kid, too. My own son has trouble with his reading but his best friend, who has no trouble at all w/ reading, would sit and the two of them would read the books together. Since your son likes to read have you checked out the website Homeschool Literature.com it is full of great books that are written by Homeschoolers. My son thinks it is a neat site.
    Great post and I am off to read more of your blog.
    Blessings

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you for your comment. I will check out the web site. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm pretty pleased to discover this web site. I wanted to thank you for ones time just for this fantastic read!! I definitely really liked every little bit of it and I have you saved as a favorite to check out new things in your blog.
    My page > Führungskräfte Coach in Darmstadt (Hessen)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for reading my blog. It is my sincere hope that I may help others with advice I give in basic parenting...especially in the parenting of spectrum children. Thank you again for being one of my blog readers.

      Delete

Please feel free to comment on this article.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...