Sunday, March 27, 2011

Home Schooling - Compassion Through Deed



Romance de Amor - Xuefei Yang


Alex felt bad for the Japanese people who
had suffered in the disaster in Northern Japan.



My wife's Japanese friends put together some fund raisers
for the Japanese relief effort in Japan.

One friend put on a fund raiser at a local school.

Some others put on a Donation Drive and Garage Sale nearby.

It was a rainy day...
I didn't think many would show for it.

Happily, I was wrong.

We had donated some items for them to sell.

One of my wife's friends donated some of her paintings
(she had painted them).






The Japanese Mothers in our area had organized this event.

In just one rainy afternoon...
they had raised over $5,000.00.

The Mothers had unselfishly donated their 
effort...time...energy to help others.

This is a good example of people living their beliefs...
of giving of themselves to help others.

Alex is putting some money in the donation box.

Compassion is good to feel...
but is worthless to others...
 unless those feelings are put into action.

Good thoughts are only one part of the equation
to rectifying a negative situation.

In order for positive results to be effected...
action must be taken.

The actions of these mothers...
benefited those in dire need...
and at the same time...
had given Alex a life lesson...

Compassion Through Deed.




4 comments:

  1. thanks for helping for jaopan

    ReplyDelete
  2. The Japanese Mothers in our area deserve the credit. They thought of ways to raise money...spread the word...organized...gave of themselves...achieved results.

    They are achievers.

    Thank you for reading and commenting.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I cannot tell enough how much we thank all of you in a whole world.

    Each time I read your blog, I learn a lot .
    Even when I do not leave my message ,I really thank you.


    Maggie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you very much for your comments...they encourage me to blog even more.

    ReplyDelete

Please feel free to comment on this article.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...