Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Heart, Mind, and Action: The Purpose Of This Blog



Song:  He Ain't Heavy...He's My Brother

Group:  The Hollies


The whole purpose of this blog is to help others.

 When we had first learned of our son's diagnosis (Autistic),
we were sick with worry over his future.
We had to learn as much as we could by researching 
on the internet and through books
as well as through direct observation of our son's ABA treatment.

It has been over 10 years since we had become parents for the first time.
It has been over 7 years since his initial diagnosis.
We have been continuously, and shall continue, learning.
My hope is for you to do the same.

Much of what I speak of is common sense.
For experienced parents...I may be telling you nothing new.

This Blog is aimed at new parents...
especially those with spectrum children.

Through concepts, which have become our guideposts in parenting...

I attempt to motivate the heart...
which provides the impetus for change.

Through examples of success and the logical reasons for implementing them...

I attempt to motivate the mind...
which gives direction for change.

Through a map of our continuing success...

I attempt to give you a plan of action...
so you may give your children all the tools...
to not only improve their lives...
but the lives of all their children...
ad infinitum.


I often speak in a general sense as you know your children.

I am merely a guide.

I say the direction is up.

It is up to you to help them pick the particular path
according to their
 Attitude...
Aptitude...
Passion.

I have given ways to help them with all three.

Through my continual articles, I hope to keep giving you...

Hope...through...
Concepts...
Direction...
Plans...
Motivation.

Please feel free to comment in the comment section.

I, as well as others, would love to hear what works for you.

I am sure many out there have great ideas and stories of success
which would help us all.

When it comes to parenting...

we are all brothers (sisters)...
looking to better the ones which matter the most to
not only us...but to the rest of the world.

It is they...our children...
who through their passions...
 shall eventually change the world.

It is we...the parents...
who through our passions for our children...
shall provide the solid bedrock
from which we may catapult them to success...and so...happiness.

We shall be their Atlas...
upon which...our shoulders they may stand...
the weight of the rest of the world...
upon our shoulders may it rest...
so upon theirs... it shall not.

Let we be strong enough
to carry the burdens...
so their wings are unbound...
so they may be free to fly.


6 comments:

  1. Hello from Japan,
    Thank you for visiting my blog site and your comments.
    When I was a child, my parents and teachers couldn't understand
    about my attitude and always pushed me to do in their way.
    So my mind was broken. For while I had been in therapy.
    When I became a jh student, I could have confidence in my English.
    Since then, many many years has passed.
    Now...I have an American partner ,he really accepts me, all of me.
    This school year I'm teaching to 12 cute students at the jh.
    One of them is an Autistic and some have handicapped of education.
    I think every one is different , 10 people have 10 minds.
    Sorry long comments.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for your comment. A teacher is one of the most important professions one can have. You are one of the guardians of knowledge. You help shape the future through your teachings and tempered through your patience. I am sure you are a fine teacher. A woman with knowledge of fine arts is one who has a keen insight to the nature of humans...and so...is able to reach those whom others cannot.

    Thank you again.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi there, stopping by from blog gems great post x

    ReplyDelete
  4. 'so they may be free to fly' is hopefully the aim of parents of all kids. My eldest NT child is almost ready to leave the nest, my aspie boy will get there one day I hope, but as for Smiley, my very special teen with cerebral palsy? She will have to learn to fly a different path, I think. Thanks for taking part in Blog Gems x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you for stopping by. Blog Gems is a good concept...glad to be a part of it.

    ReplyDelete

Please feel free to comment on this article.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...