Sunday, February 13, 2011

Alex' s Progress With Thinkwell Math / Alex's New Hobby





Alex is advancing even more quickly using Thinkwell Math
(for the math portion only)...
all of his other subjects he learns from Plato.



I often here a cry of victory from him
when he completes the Conceptual Mastery Test (100%).

He is having even more fun learning with this program
as there is even less frustration since it explains
math so well.





He has been on a Wikipedia craze for a while now.

It seems to be his hobby.

He loves searching through it for hours on end.

He has even Blogged about it.



I told him that although it is informative...
it doesn't necessarily mean that all of the articles are correct
since it is viewer edited and written.

He loves trying to find mistakes in articles...
as well as learning new concepts and facts.

I am happy that it is a learning hobby.

10 comments:

  1. Happy Valentine!
    I send my love to you and your family from Japan.
    I think it's nice you told your son that not all articles in Wikipedia are correct.
    Kids can get information about everything so ealily.
    So I want my kids to learn the attitude to make sure if it's true or not and find out their own answer.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you. Yes, to learn reasoning skills is the most important to learn in life. With that, and time, all knowledge can be known. Thank you again for your comment.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So glad our Math curriculum has been so helpful with Alex!! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you for your comment. Thank you even more for putting out such a tremendous math learning program. Alex is doing so well with it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm not so good at Math,but when I taught it to children, JH students,
    I've seen little kids could solve a cubic equation,advanced math.
    Your son is great and has nice hobby.
    I like reading Wikipedia but always believe them.
    So your Alex is amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you. My wife deserves the credit. It is because she is such a great mother that our son has been able to advance so far as he has.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi,Shiroi Tora.

    Your kid Alex is a lovely boy!
    I often read wikipedia too,not written in Japanese but written in English for improving my English,and get useful information.
    Developing the habit of reading is important for the growth of children.
    Alex already has a good reading habit.
    That's great.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yes...daily reading has been at the core of his learning. A very important habit for all children. Thank you for your comment.

    ReplyDelete
  9. how cute your son is ^^
    i like the subject of English and Japanese, but no good at math ...

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thank you. I don't do so well with math either.

    ReplyDelete

Please feel free to comment on this article.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...